Semper's Stupendous to Infinity and Beyond Everything Marvel Movie/TV Thread (2 Viewers)

Yeah, while a few fans complained about Thanos being a Malthusian eco-terrorist in the MCU, it still seems more interesting than “incel looking to impress female personification of death so he can finally score.”
A Malthusian eco-terrorist is okay, but one who doesn't even have the understanding that life will replenish itself in a certain number of years and he'll have to do the snap again to regain his precious balance is an idiot.

Thanos has an exceptionally long lifespan, making him just shy of immortal. He's watched life spread through the universe; he must know how quickly it moves from one population marker to the next, yet "he used the stones to destroy the stones so no one could undo what he did." He's stupid and it really made his character not believable. The Thanos of the comics would never be moronic enough to make that large a blunder, but when you have writers who don't think things through, you end up with stupid mistakes like that one.

Hopefully, Feige, et al. will be more careful and thorough in editing their portrayal of Kang.

A Malthusian eco-terrorist is okay, but one who doesn't even have the understanding that life will replenish itself in a certain number of years and he'll have to do the snap again to regain his precious balance is an idiot.

Thanos has an exceptionally long lifespan, making him just shy of immortal. He's watched life spread through the universe; he must know how quickly it moves from one population marker to the next, yet "he used the stones to destroy the stones so no one could undo what he did." He's stupid and it really made his character not believable. The Thanos of the comics would never be moronic enough to make that large a blunder, but when you have writers who don't think things through, you end up with stupid mistakes like that one.

Hopefully, Feige, et al. will be more careful and thorough in editing their portrayal of Kang.
Imo you're way over-analyzing the Thanos mythos. The snap really isn't that far-fetched as a concept. It happens in nature where there's an area of overpopulation and a culling of the herd through whatever phenomenon, whether disease, natural disasters or even predators. Thanos has seen it all and felt that overpopulation was a scourge on the universe and felt the snap was a chance for a reset. And he felt it was on him to do it. Whether that all adds up is debatable, but the concept does make some sense. I liked how he framed it and with Marvel, it's more enjoying the journey than picking apart the small or trivial stuff.

That's what they are doing with him. The next big Avengers movie in 2025 is called Avengers: The Kang Dynasty, after all...
Yeah, I think this is him getting built up as the next BIG bad.

His appearance in Loki was just the heeeee’s heeeere moment/Thanos smile in the Avengers credit sevens.

Imo you're way over-analyzing the Thanos mythos. The snap really isn't that far-fetched as a concept. It happens in nature where there's an area of overpopulation and a culling of the herd through whatever phenomenon, whether disease, natural disasters or even predators. Thanos has seen it all and felt that overpopulation was a scourge on the universe and felt the snap was a chance for a reset. And he felt it was on him to do it. Whether that all adds up is debatable, but the concept does make some sense. I liked how he framed it and with Marvel, it's more enjoying the journey than picking apart the small or trivial stuff.
Something I’ve never thought of before - since the universe is like 99% empty space, why didn’t he just double the size of all inhabited planets and stars?

Something I’ve never thought of before - since the universe is like 99% empty space, why didn’t he just double the size of all inhabited planets and stars?
Because he's stupid, yeah. :hihi:

Interesting thought tho. I think most think of the struggle between good and evil, and evil tends to destruction while good tends to heal or build.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom