Semper's Stupendous to Infinity and Beyond Everything Marvel Movie/TV Thread (3 Viewers)

Imo you're way over-analyzing the Thanos mythos. The snap really isn't that far-fetched as a concept. It happens in nature where there's an area of overpopulation and a culling of the herd through whatever phenomenon, whether disease, natural disasters or even predators. Thanos has seen it all and felt that overpopulation was a scourge on the universe and felt the snap was a chance for a reset. And he felt it was on him to do it. Whether that all adds up is debatable, but the concept does make some sense. I liked how he framed it and with Marvel, it's more enjoying the journey than picking apart the small or trivial stuff.
You're not listening. Again, I never said the concept was far-fetched and stupid (though it is a ridiculous solution when the universe is technically empty and he could have snapped into existence any number of habitable worlds filled with resources), I said that he doesn't realize he will have to do it again and again in the future is stupid. When he destroyed the stones, he let everyone know he has the mental capacity of a duck. And that is NOT Thanos. It annoyed me to no end; still does.

iu

You're not listening. Again, I never said the concept was far-fetched and stupid (though it is a ridiculous solution when the universe is technically empty and he could have snapped into existence any number of habitable worlds filled with resources), I said that he doesn't realize he will have to do it again and again in the future is stupid. When he destroyed the stones, he let everyone know he has the mental capacity of a duck. And that is NOT Thanos. It annoyed me to no end; still does.
Sure, but I addressed that in my post. It's ultimately part of the cycle of nature correcting itself to some degree. Thanos felt that nature unchecked would lead to disaster and the snap would bring back balance and renewal, even if temporary. The consequences of the snap would last for thousands, if not millions of years. In Thanos' mind, it's worth a reset, even if ultimately temporary. Thanos didn't trust nature or humanity to correct itself organically, and thought in his own mind that it was his destiny to "fix" the problem.

That lack of trust also undermined him in Endgame when he realized humanity didn't want to cooperate and he ultimately decided he had to wipe out everyone and do a complete reboot.

You're argument makes no sense to me, so we'll just have to agree to disagree about this.

EDIT: Just to be clear, your suggested time line of thousands to millions of years doesn't jibe with the rule of 70. The time for the universe's population to double back to where it was is FAR shorter than what you're suggesting, more like 100 years at most.

Last edited:
Daisy Quakes!

I hope this is true. Love me some Skye/Daisy/Quake/Destroyer of Worlds. Chloe Bennet is so good in that role. Hope they bring back some of their crew. Mack, Yoyo, FitzSimmons, etc.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom