Semper's Stupendous to Infinity and Beyond Everything Marvel Movie/TV Thread (4 Viewers)

That seems pretty obvious from the trailers, and I'm certainly hoping so. The Thor and Black Panther movies didn't seem to have anything to do with the Kang plot (not to mention, weren't very good, though Wakanda Forever was certainly better than the Thor disaster).

I have pretty big expectations for this film to get the MCU back on track. Hope I'm not placing my bets on the wrong horse...

Dave Bautista has been adamant this is his last Marvel movie and has kind of bad mouthed the Drax role in several interviews, so it wouldn't shock me if Drax dies.
Yeah, of course they could always resurrect him if they change their minds later.

Dave Bautista has been adamant this is his last Marvel movie and has kind of bad mouthed the Drax role in several interviews, so it wouldn't shock me if Drax dies.
I feel like there are some Rocket hints as well, but those could be red herrings.

Man I love the Drax character. I had never heard of GotG until these movies and out of all of them these may be my favorite. Love the music and the over the top 80’s feel.

He has definitely said this is his last turn as Drax, but I wouldn't say that he bad mouthed the role so much as saying that it is kind of silly and he wants to do more serious roles. Although I guess that's why you said "kind of".

Also, there has been speculation for a while that Rocket would die in the 3rd one... so my money is Drax and Rocket dying.

I don't think they'll do it, but I think it would be kind of epic if they all went down together, as a family.

He has definitely said this is his last turn as Drax, but I wouldn't say that he bad mouthed the role so much as saying that it is kind of silly and he wants to do more serious roles. Although I guess that's why you said "kind of".

Also, there has been speculation for a while that Rocket would die in the 3rd one... so my money is Drax and Rocket dying.

I don't think they'll do it, but I think it would be kind of epic if they all went down together, as a family.
That would suck. Do you have any idea how hard it is for a 53 year old man to suppress tears and pretend he got popcorn salt in his eyes? Do you? The struggle is real man.

He was never very happy about the scene that got cut from the first film where Drax had a serious, emotional recollection of his family. He said at the time he understood the scene being cut for pacing and that the film's pacing really was perfect, but wished people could have seen that side of the character. To my knowledge, that scene has never been released in any of the extra footage/deleted scene vignettes.

Drax was even more so comic relief in the second film than the first, and Bautista wanted to explore the serious side of him, but the writers and director just wouldn't go that way, so I think he became frustrated over the character being pushed into such a one-dimensional box. I have enjoyed Drax immensely, but as a fellow actor, I understand his frustration. It's annoying to be told to not pursue your character's depths.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom