Semper's Stupendous to Infinity and Beyond Everything Marvel Movie/TV Thread (5 Viewers)

Semper

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So I got this email from imfdb.com yesterday. There is some really good stuff coming out in the next 2 years.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200207-084037_Email.jpg
    Screenshot_20200207-084037_Email.jpg
    587.4 KB · Views: 140
Any rumblings anywhere of what will come of any of the Defenders' series? The endings of Iron Fist season 2 and Luke Cage season 2 ended setting up third seasons, and season 2 of The Punisher certainly had the door wide open for a third installment. I'd always be open for another Daredevil season as it's the best thing they've produced so far.
Rumours said they were all being cancelled off of Netflix so Disney could move them to their new Disney + service, but so far I've heard no word of any production or release dates of anything new.

Any rumblings anywhere of what will come of any of the Defenders' series? The endings of Iron Fist season 2 and Luke Cage season 2 ended setting up third seasons, and season 2 of The Punisher certainly had the door wide open for a third installment. I'd always be open for another Daredevil season as it's the best thing they've produced so far.
Rumours said they were all being cancelled off of Netflix so Disney could move them to their new Disney + service, but so far I've heard no word of any production or release dates of anything new.

Last rumblings I heard was Disney/Hulu for the Defenders - I hope so, but that’s been awhile
The feeling I’m getting from both Disney Marvel and Disney Star Wars is they want to look forward- maybe mine the corners of the legacies, but put Avengers and Skywalker to bed — get away from anything the toxic online community might have feels about

I would love to see the Defenders shows continued. Hopefully with the same cast. Punisher too. Makes too much sense to add them to Disney+.

Last rumblings I heard was Disney/Hulu for the Defenders - I hope so, but that’s been awhile
The feeling I’m getting from both Disney Marvel and Disney Star Wars is they want to look forward- maybe mine the corners of the legacies, but put Avengers and Skywalker to bed — get away from anything the toxic online community might have feels about

Why would they put Avengers to bed? That's my favorite of the movie series. I'm guessing they'll keep the Avengers on the cinema side. But aren't they doing Loki on Disney+? I'm mean, I'm down with whatever, but I want to see them continue the Marvel/Avengers movies.

Why would they put Avengers to bed? That's my favorite of the movie series. I'm guessing they'll keep the Avengers on the cinema side. But aren't they doing Loki on Disney+? I'm mean, I'm down with whatever, but I want to see them continue the Marvel/Avengers movies.
Loki and WandaVision is what I mean by ‘the corners’
Obviously more high profile than The Mandalorian, but similar impulse

Can't say I'm overly excited about any of these, but it's early. If Raimi signs on for Dr Strange 2, that would pique my interest. I mean I'll probably watch most if not all on this list, but I don't see running out to the theater opening weekend for the movies.

Can't say I'm overly excited about any of these, but it's early. If Raimi signs on for Dr Strange 2, that would pique my interest. I mean I'll probably watch most if not all on this list, but I don't see running out to the theater opening weekend for the movies.

It's not an overly exciting lineup. Yes, I'm very interested in Dr. Strange 2 and Spiderman 3. I'm mildly interested in the Hawkeye and Falcon/Winter Soldier series. But the rest is kind of meh. And, honestly, doing the "Jane becomes Thor" could have been left in the comics. It was a lame attempt at "equality girl power" then. It's going to come across the same.

It's not like we don't want female heroes or that there aren't any!! Black Widow rocks (and I'm looking forward to that film). But bring on Tigra (make this happen, Kevin Feige), SpiderWoman, SheHulk, Thundra, Black Cat, or how about a cinematic version of Medusa and Crystal instead of that waste of celluloid you put on television? I can go on because there are a TON of female Marvel heroes. Bring 'em on instead of the female Thor. I just have no interest in that.

Disney didn't cancel the shows. Netflix did on their own accord.

I would love to see the Defenders shows continued. Hopefully with the same cast. Punisher too. Makes too much sense to add them to Disney+.

They won't be on Disney+ unless they're severely watered down from their Netflix days. Disney+ is committed to not having anything greater than PG-13 on the platform. They're going to be on Hulu.

Word is Marvel has "talked" to some of the stars already about possibly coming back, but nothing can be official until the two year gap has completely passed.

They won't be on Disney+ unless they're severely watered down from their Netflix days. Disney+ is committed to not having anything greater than PG-13 on the platform. They're going to be on Hulu.

Word is Marvel has "talked" to some of the stars already about possibly coming back, but nothing can be official until the two year gap has completely passed.

Ah, of course. I should have realized it was all about lawyers and contracts. :mad: 'Murica...

Ah, grrr, if they're that watered down, then, meh. The gritty and sexy aspect of the shows are what set them apart as more adult shows and Disney needs to have a place for that. I'm not really interested in Hulu unless they dramatically changed their content and approach. I just never understood why Netflix and Disney didn't put their heads together and keep the shows alive on Netflix. That seems to me the easiest way to move forward while everyone benefits. Doesn't really make much sense to me tbh.

From what I've read, the versions of Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist from the Netflix shows are not coming back. Once their contractual obligations to Netflix expire, Marvel/Disney could decide to reboot the characters, but don't expect to see Charlie Cox, Kristen Ritter, Mike Colter or Finn Jones in those roles again.

Then again, according to this article, those rights start expiring this year, so maybe there's still time to get the original cast members. Just give Feige some oversight for these shows, because as good as the Netflix shows were, whoever was running them usually found a way to screw things up.

The article also mentions Punisher was negotiated differently, so apparently they could resurrect that show at any time.

Ah, grrr, if they're that watered down, then, meh. The gritty and sexy aspect of the shows are what set them apart as more adult shows and Disney needs to have a place for that. I'm not really interested in Hulu unless they dramatically changed their content and approach. I just never understood why Netflix and Disney didn't put their heads together and keep the shows alive on Netflix. That seems to me the easiest way to move forward while everyone benefits. Doesn't really make much sense to me tbh.

I am no fan of The Mouse at all, but from everything I've read and podcasts with industry folks, this was really on Netflix. They owned the rights to all the showed with licensing from Marvel. The decision was completely theirs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom