Semper's Stupendous to Infinity and Beyond Everything Marvel Movie/TV Thread (1 Viewer)

I'm totally down with Shuri, but...with so many recent new female leads, would that be an issue? I mean I don't think so, but it might be something to keep in mind. Now that I've been thinking a bit more about it, I'm pretty all in on her taking over the role.

I am open to other avenues as well though. I trust Marvel to do justice to the Black Panther legacy.
Agreed, I think they will do right by Black Panther however they decide to proceed.

I'm all for Shuri, but I'd hate for the fans to lose T'Challa. But if you re-cast T'Challa, I could see that upsetting some people after Boseman's passing (and all-time warrior effort to complete all of these movies).

There is no perfect answer, but I think they will do the character, symbol, and movie justice.

I don't think Disney has actually decided how to proceed.

It's Marvel, so dead people are not necessarily dead. I'd be up for a Killmonger redemption storyline. He was actually in some kind of suspended animation on the verge of death but Shuri figures out a way to save him.

Heck, with all the Multiverse stuff they could bring in a version of him from another world who didn't die.

Whatever the case find a way to turn the franchise over to Michael B. Jordan.

I don't think Disney has actually decided how to proceed.

It's Marvel, so dead people are not necessarily dead. I'd be up for a Killmonger redemption storyline. He was actually in some kind of suspended animation on the verge of death but Shuri figures out a way to save him.

Heck, with all the Multiverse stuff they could bring in a version of him from another world who didn't die.

Whatever the case find a way to turn the franchise over to Michael B. Jordan.

Indeed. They really have plenty of options. I'm curious to see how it turns out.

Looks like Charlie Cox will be Daredevil in the new Spider-man movie but it’s not the same version as the Netflix series

That movie is shaping up to be potentially very unwieldy. They're bringing back basically the main casts of the Raimi Spider-Man and Amazing Spider-Man films. Now this. Plus lots of other rumors (Sinister Six, Kraven) that have yet to be confirmed. Seems like an absurd amount to cram in a two hour runtime.

That movie is shaping up to be potentially very unwieldy. They're bringing back basically the main casts of the Raimi Spider-Man and Amazing Spider-Man films. Now this. Plus lots of other rumors (Sinister Six, Kraven) that have yet to be confirmed. Seems like an absurd amount to cram in a two hour runtime.
Agreed. And I don't know how to feel about a Charlie Cox Daredevil that isn't Netflix Daredevil.

Yea that was the downfall of Rami's Spiderman 3... too many plot points to shape up any one of them. Plus, they tried to go back and change good plot points of the previous movies into bad plot points for 3 (Sandman vs Uncle Ben). But I agree, I hate when they try to cram too much into one movie. That's why the MCU worked so well because they were able to tell stories in multiple movies instead of cramming it all into one.

Into the Spiderverse gives me some hope, but it also didn't try to cram too many bad guys into one movie when it already had too man good guys to cram in.

Just thinking out loud, I can see how Doc Oct's experimental reactor and Electro's substation feeding powers can be used to pull each one of those timelines into a shared universe. Also, we have to remember that the MCU Spiderman series left off with his identity being revealed to the world. Having another Spiderman show up that's not him could help put that to rest.

Not gonna lie...none of this excites me. Feels like a jumbled mess.

I'm in the same boat. It doesn't even feel coherent. It[s like they saw how well Into the Spider-Verse worked and took the wrong lessons.

Oh, and that's another rumor: Miles Morales popping up in this.

I have a feeling a lot of the rumours about this film are just that: rumours. Frankly, they lost me when they said Andrew Garfield and Tobey McGuire will appear. That's a red flag to me that possibly the entire story is speculative nonsense. I don't think Kevin Feige is stupid enough to allow a hodge-podge like that to be thrown together.

Plus, what the heck does "Daredevil who isn't the Netflix Daredevil" even mean? I'm taking all of this with a big grain of salt. However, I am hopeful Charlie Cox as DD actually is in the next Spiderman movie. They should be paired together as they often have been in the comics. That's just how the Marvel NYC should work.

My hope if these rumors are true is that there are going to be a lot of introductions, but more as a cameo, while maintaining a coherent central plot. I don't think that would be hard to do, but they obviously need to be very thoughtful in how they do it.

However, I am hopeful Charlie Cox as DD actually is in the next Spiderman movie. They should be paired together as they often have been in the comics. That's just how the Marvel NYC should work.

I think a movie with Spider-man, DD and Punisher would be pretty awesome if it's used to highlight Peter's moral compass.

I have a feeling a lot of the rumours about this film are just that: rumours. Frankly, they lost me when they said Andrew Garfield and Tobey McGuire will appear. That's a red flag to me that possibly the entire story is speculative nonsense. I don't think Kevin Feige is stupid enough to allow a hodge-podge like that to be thrown together.

Plus, what the heck does Daredevil who isn't the Netflix Daredevil even mean? I'm taking all of this with a big grain of salt. However, I am hopeful Charlie Cox as DD actually is in the next Spiderman movie. They should be paired together as they often have been in the comics. That's just how the Marvel NYC should work.

Nope, not rumors. Garfield, Alfred Molina, Jamie Foxx, and Kiersten Dunst are already confirmed, signed sealed and delivered. Officially announced cast members by the major trades. Word is Maguire should be announced soon, and they're bringing back Emma Stone to reprise Gwen Stacy from the ASM movies, as well. This is 100% happening for real.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom