Semper's Stupendous to Infinity and Beyond Everything Marvel Movie/TV Thread (3 Viewers)

yes to the powers, but i don't remember "well off" at all
the prize money was definitely integral to the story (as well as the potential for fame)

1607621668754.png

In the opening issue they bought him a nice new microscope. They had a decent house. Uncle Ben was retired, which isn't saying a lot, but in the 60's that generally meant a pension and decent life. People didn't generally retire into poverty.

All circumstantial I know, but there's enough there to at least call them working class, not poor.

I'm not sure Captain America: Civil War works as a point of comparison. It's really a solo movie in name only (even during production people jokingly called it Avengers 2.5) and it had the luxury of most of those characters having shared the screen a good bit already. It could tell a story with them without doing any heavy lifting. This seems altogether different.
Being that spiderman "is the new tony stark" , his series is probably the best to kick off avengers 4.5....

They have to start off with what the big issue is they'll be moving towards. So,.one of these movies will likely throw a lot of ideas out there.

In the opening issue they bought him a nice new microscope. They had a decent house. Uncle Ben was retired, which isn't saying a lot, but in the 60's that generally meant a pension and decent life. People didn't generally retire into poverty.

All circumstantial I know, but there's enough there to at least call them working class, not poor.
i do remember the telescope now - it actually made me want a telescope
i do still contend that his and May's life was fraught with financial struggles and he very much needed the freelancing gig
AND that would be an awkward fit for contemporary Queens since that working class life hasn't been part of the cultural narrative for decades

Gonna take a loooooong time to parse all this out. Between this and Star Wars today was info overload.

Just offhand, I want to see how “What If” goes, and can an MCU F4 movie finally hit home.

Oh, and Moon Knight. Gimmie.

No lie, animated series or not, I am very hyped for this. Geoffrey Wright voicingThe Watcher is freaking ethereal. Legitimately gives me chills.

Yeah. After She-Hulk (one of my favorite characters), I'm excited for this and WandaVision. I think that may address a lot of post-IW and Endgame stuff (such as Vision still being alive).

Yeah. After She-Hulk (one of my favorite characters), I'm excited for this and WandaVision. I think that may address a lot of post-IW and Endgame stuff (such as Vision still being alive).
Is Vision really alive, or does he exist in Wanda's head... or does he exist in her head so strongly that she manages to warp reality and actually bring him back.

I personally think he is still dead at the onset of the series and Wanda is on the brink of madness, unable to accept his loss.

We see the mind stone in the trailer, but Thanos snapped the one in 616, and the one used in Endgame was returned. Does she manage to reconstitute the mind stone? Does she inadvertently do so for all the stones? Are there unintended consequences of whatever she does(Mutants being created or entering our universe from another)?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom