Semper's Stupendous to Infinity and Beyond Everything Marvel Movie/TV Thread (2 Viewers)

And this is something that NEEDS to be taken care of when introducing the X-Men. When the X-Men was first created, it was Cyclops, Jean, Bobby, Warren, and Hank. 4 white men and a white female, lead by another white man. I am a 44 year old white man, and recognize the need to change that up. The X-Men were created in 1963, and the first prominent black mutant wasn't until Storm in 1975.

Storm NEEDS to be, in the MCU, an original member. Maybe even Forge, as a native American. Sunspot too. You do need the original team in there. But there is no reason why you can't expand that original team.
i think Storm is another whose powers suffer in the movies - in panels she can summon whatever she needs to battle
but in the movies, during a group battle, it's much more difficult to 'show' her powers without everyone being effected

i think Storm is another whose powers suffer in the movies - in panels she can summon whatever she needs to battle
but in the movies, during a group battle, it's much more difficult to 'show' her powers without everyone being effected

Perhaps, but I think Marvel can do it now. I mean, they handled Thor and Scarlet Witch. If we want to get technical they dumbed down SW's powers a bit to make it work in the movies, they can do the same with Storm. I just really think you have to include her. And you know what? I would change her backstory. As you know, she was a "thief" from Africa that Prof X "saved". I don't think that works. With the way the MCU has gone, I would 100% make her a Wakandan that develops mutant powers, and be prominent with that sheet. Get a powerful African American actress and run with it.

Perhaps, but I think Marvel can do it now. I mean, they handled Thor and Scarlet Witch. If we want to get technical they dumbed down SW's powers a bit to make it work in the movies, they can do the same with Storm. I just really think you have to include her. And you know what? I would change her backstory. As you know, she was a "thief" from Africa that Prof X "saved". I don't think that works. With the way the MCU has gone, I would 100% make her a Wakandan that develops mutant powers, and be prominent with that sheet. Get a powerful African American actress and run with it.
it's not that she's overpowered - it's that is she's using atmospherics, how do they show her harnessing wind/rain/snow, etc and focusing that on one opponent? -- i suppose your could change it up where she's emitting the powers vs summoning them
i do like the Wakanda idea, but don't want Wakanda to be a stand-in for all things Africa. it would be like make Latveria all things Europe

it's not that she's overpowered - it's that is she's using atmospherics, how do they show her harnessing wind/rain/snow, etc and focusing that on one opponent? -- i suppose your could change it up where she's emitting the powers vs summoning them
i do like the Wakanda idea, but don't want Wakanda to be a stand-in for all things Africa. it would be like make Latveria all things Europe

Fair enough on the wakanda front, you are right about that. And for me at least, I probably wouldn't push it if it wasn't for Boseman's death. I'm not saying we need a "replacement", I just think we need a pick me up.

Fair enough on the wakanda front, you are right about that. And for me at least, I probably wouldn't push it if it wasn't for Boseman's death. I'm not saying we need a "replacement", I just think we need a pick me up.

Well, we are getting a Black Panther 2 movie next year and Wakanda will still be a thread in some of the small screen series. We just had Wakandans appear in TFATWS. So that "pick me up" is coming. But, I 100% agree regarding adding more diversity to the original X-men team and I'm on board with Storm playing a key role in the MCU. Idk what the X-men's relationship will be with the Avengers though. I'm curious to see how they get integrated.

Who is going to be the new king of Wakanda? the sister? (seems to be a better replacement for Tony Starks than as a fighter), The girl friend ( I don't remember them getting married), or M'Buka ( my personal) guess.

Who is going to be the new king of Wakanda? the sister? (seems to be a better replacement for Tony Starks than as a fighter), The girl friend ( I don't remember them getting married), or M'Buka ( my personal) guess.

Yeah, I'd say M'Baku as well. But, I really like Shuri for the role. She can fight, but she relies a good bit on her tech to do it, which still makes her formidable. I just wonder whether she'd be able to do the 1 on 1 battle to death or yield for the right to lead Wakanda.

Well, we are getting a Black Panther 2 movie next year and Wakanda will still be a thread in some of the small screen series. We just had Wakandans appear in TFATWS. So that "pick me up" is coming. But, I 100% agree regarding adding more diversity to the original X-men team and I'm on board with Storm playing a key role in the MCU. Idk what the X-men's relationship will be with the Avengers though. I'm curious to see how they get integrated.

I don't want to sound like that guy, but yes, Storm needs to be a big part of it, but I hope they don't go down the "fight for leadership" path between Storm and Cylcops. Mostly because of my selfishness about Cyclops :p Just make her be prominent and powerful member. Thor and Scarlet Witch are probably the 2 strongest Avengers, but aren't leaders.

That being said, another "first world problem" sadness about Boseman's death is an eventual MCU marriage between Storm and Black Panther would have been fire.

I don't want to sound like that guy, but yes, Storm needs to be a big part of it, but I hope they don't go down the "fight for leadership" path between Storm and Cylcops. Mostly because of my selfishness about Cyclops :p Just make her be prominent and powerful member. Thor and Scarlet Witch are probably the 2 strongest Avengers, but aren't leaders.

Well, Thor and SW aren't the leaders for obvious, and different reasons. While Thor is obviously an Avenger, his home is really Asgard, not here. And he basically handed the reins to Valkerie and is traveling with GOTG at the end of Endgame. SW was a late addition to the team and there were always trust issues because of her past with Hydra. Even in WandaVision she's still struggling post IW and Endgame. So she's never been close to leading the team even though she was able to go toe to toe with Thanos. The only reason she didn't defeat him was because he possessed the time stone, which allowed him to turn back the clock and take the time stone and kill Vision at the same time.

Tbh, I would have liked to see SW completely unleashed, but then she'd probably be way overpowered. Lol.

Yeah, I'd say M'Baku as well. But, I really like Shuri for the role. She can fight, but she relies a good bit on her tech to do it, which still makes her formidable. I just wonder whether she'd be able to do the 1 on 1 battle to death or yield for the right to lead Wakanda.

The sister may be the logical choice since the flowers that gave the king powers are gone. So, future Black Panthers will have to rely on tech and the power of vibranium. So, the sister is kind of a good choice. After all, she made the cool suit that absorbs energy and then releases it a once.

Winston Duke (M'Baku) and Letitia Wright (Shuri) are great actors and i hope Marvel can keep both - agreed on Shuri taking over as Marvel's tech genius
It also wouldn't be hard to find the way for Panther juice to work outside of the bloodline (Marvel probably wants to get away from dynastic storylines anyway), and they'll have to cultivate new 'heart-shaped herbs' anyway
M'Baku is from the Jabari tribe and i need that name dropped a few more times before we let it go

they're both in Wakanda Forever and i don't see either of them cast in anything afterwards, so Marvel might have them locked up??

Or maybe they decide the idea of a 'king' is completely antiquated, because, well, it is.

Well, Thor and SW aren't the leaders for obvious, and different reasons. While Thor is obviously an Avenger, his home is really Asgard, not here. And he basically handed the reins to Valkerie and is traveling with GOTG at the end of Endgame. SW was a late addition to the team and there were always trust issues because of her past with Hydra. Even in WandaVision she's still struggling post IW and Endgame. So she's never been close to leading the team even though she was able to go toe to toe with Thanos. The only reason she didn't defeat him was because he possessed the time stone, which allowed him to turn back the clock and take the time stone and kill Vision at the same time.

Tbh, I would have liked to see SW completely unleashed, but then she'd probably be way overpowered. Lol.
well and also for the same reasons SP never let Drew call plays
Thor and Wanda are too powerful for strategy - Thor in particular sees no benefit to jibber jabbering when mjolnir does all his thinking for him

Or maybe they decide the idea of a 'king' is completely antiquated, because, well, it is.

Maybe, but I would think that regardless of if they are the king or not, someone will take on the mantle of Black Panther.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom