Semper's Stupendous to Infinity and Beyond Everything Marvel Movie/TV Thread (2 Viewers)

Killmonger is another good villain that they killed off. I really wish they'd keep more villains around. That's my biggest gripe with Marvel movies and really it's the only major one at all.
Black Panther will have an interesting dynamic to confront going forward - will it have a white villain?
i think one of the reasons BP is a big, uncontroversial fan favorite is bc it did not really confront race (and what racism there was was dealt with by the villain, not the hero)
there's a similar interplay in the Luke Cage seasons
i am very curious how they will deal with Wakanda moving into the world - and the US in particular

Black Panther will have an interesting dynamic to confront going forward - will it have a white villain?
i think one of the reasons BP is a big, uncontroversial fan favorite is bc it did not really confront race (and what racism there was was dealt with by the villain, not the hero)
i am very curious how they will deal with Wakanda moving into the world - and the US in particular
I don't read the comics so I can't really say if they should have a white villain or save that for the 3rd one. My preference would be to save it for the 3rd movie. They're already going to have to deal with T'Challa not being around so don't through in the evil white dude on top of that.

Unless they make M'Baku go full heal (he was more of a villain in the comics), I think the only options would be Moses Magnum or Achebe. Achebe, I believe would require Mephisto eventually, so that could be cool.

Upset they also killed off Klaw.. that was a good character. Just threw him away.

Wasn't Klaw a white villain in the first BP? I don't really care if they do or not in BP2, but to me BP2 should be more focused on Wakanda's leadership transition. I think we're going to see the story focus on the power struggle within Wakanda. Do we even need a villain in that case?

I loved the Luke Cage series, although, I still have to say the end of the series was complete dog poo. Killing off Cottonmouth was the worst thing the show did imo. But I still loved the series and hope we get a reboot at some point along with Daredevil. I wouldn't mind a Jessica Jones or Iron Fist reboot, but I don't have to have it.

Unless they make M'Baku go full heal (he was more of a villain in the comics), I think the only options would be Moses Magnum or Achebe. Achebe, I believe would require Mephisto eventually, so that could be cool.

Upset they also killed off Klaw.. that was a good character. Just threw him away.
Agreed, Klaw was a trip. He was a means to an end for Killmonger, but they could have figured something else out and kept Klaw as part of the story.

Wasn't Klaw a white villain in the first BP? I don't really care if they do or not in BP2, but to me BP2 should be more focused on Wakanda's leadership transition. I think we're going to see the story focus on the power struggle within Wakanda. Do we even need a villain in that case?

I loved the Luke Cage series, although, I still have to say the end of the series was complete dog poo. Killing off Cottonmouth was the worst thing the show did imo. But I still loved the series and hope we get a reboot at some point along with Daredevil. I wouldn't mind a Jessica Jones or Iron Fist reboot, but I don't have to have it.
he wasn't THE villain - just a macguffin really - and Villain taking out villain seldom gets to a meta level

meaning a charming moustache twirler vs a nuanced villain
and there's always the consideration that Serkis just didn't want to do the character anymore?? (he's Alfred in the upcoming Batman)
Whatever the reason was, I didn't like it. Isn't Serkis directing a sequel movie? I'm trying to remember which one it is but I'm drawing a blank.

His death did make sense I just didn't like him dying because of how good he was as a villain.
That was the director's agony. They said in an interview, they really didn't want to kill off such a great character, but the story needed it or Killmonger's entrance to Wakanda wouldn't really work.

I guess they could have "faked" the death, to make W'Kabi still think he was able to get his revenge. But, I think actually 'keeping that promise' was stronger.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom