Semper's Stupendous to Infinity and Beyond Everything Marvel Movie/TV Thread (1 Viewer)

Is there an Endgame if Thor goes for the head? That's a What If... I'm interested in.
Another thought. If Thor goes for the head, does Thor get to wield the Gauntlet? Would that inevitably go to his head like it did Thanos? 🤔

I'd argue Thanos was already the mad Titan when he started his quest to gather the Stones and complete the Gauntlet, that said, Thor kinda lost his shirt after killing Thanos in Endgame, so, would he be disciplined enough with the Gauntlet?

Of course, some would argue Thor should never have been shown as the fat, beer guzzlin' slob he was in Endgame to begin with.

Last edited:
Another thought. If Thor goes for the head, does Thor get to wield the Gauntlet? Would that inevitably go to his head like it did Thanos? 🤔

I'd argue Thanos was already the mad Titan when he started his quest to gather the Stones and complete the Gauntlet, that said, Thor kinda lost his shirt after killing Thanos in Endgame, so, would he be disciplined enough with the Gauntlet?

Of course, some would argue Thor should never have been shown as the fat, beer guzzlin' slob he was in Endgame to begin with.
I’m tired of the lack of imagination about Fat Thor
Dude’s 1000s of years old and nearly immortal- 5 years of him letting himself go is like us spilling mustard on our shirt and not immediately cleaning it up
Some of y’all have never been a Norse god and it shows (not you Dave)

Dude’s 1000s of years old and nearly immortal- 5 years of him letting himself go is like us spilling mustard on our shirt and not immediately cleaning it up
Indeed, just the beer guzzling part made no sense. He already guzzled at a pretty torrid pace and he still looked like the hottest Thor ever. So...I never really understood the presentation. I get why, but it was more plot service than anything else.

Actually, some of y'all have never dealt with depression and it shows.

Actually, some of y'all have never dealt with depression and it shows.
I don't doubt the depression angle could work, but I don't think that's how it would have manifested. I think a depressed Thor would have just gone on a rampage and wrecked the 9 realms rather than drink his depression away. Mere mortals sure, but not so much Thor. I get why the writers thought differently tho. I just think a darker, more sinister Thor would make more sense than a drunk Thor.

I don't doubt the depression angle could work, but I don't think that's how it would have manifested. I think a depressed Thor would have just gone on a rampage and wrecked the 9 realms rather than drink his depression away. Mere mortals sure, but not so much Thor. I get why the writers thought differently tho. I just think a darker, more sinister Thor would make more sense than a drunk Thor.
You sound like some of the posters in the Gabby camping girl thread - looking for sensible answers to nonsensical experiences
extra-ordinary situations call for extra-ordinary choices

That just isn't how depression works. They foreshadowed things a bit in Infinity War when Thor recapped all his recent tragedies with the Guardians. Dead dad, dead mom, dead brother, dead evil sister, dead home, dead hammer, missing eye. To top all that off, he gets the chance to stop Thanos, and he blew it. Even for a Norse god, that's a lot. Once he finally kills Thanos, the idea of him just giving up feels pretty plausible.

ETA: also, his girlfriend dumped him.

Last edited:
That just isn't how depression works. They foreshadowed things a bit in Infinity War when Thor recapped all his recent tragedies with the Guardians. Dead dad, dead mom, dead brother, dead evil sister, dead home, dead hammer, missing eye. To top all that off, he gets the chance to stop Thanos, and he blew it. Even for a Norse god, that's a lot. Once he finally kills Thanos, the idea of him just giving up feels pretty plausible.

ETA: also, his girlfriend dumped him.
I dunno, some of the most depressed people I know struggle with anger and resentment and they can manifest in pretty dark ways. Drinking isn't the only way depression will manifest in people. I agree giving up is plausible, even likely. But, I think Thor would rather destroy things as way of dealing with depression rather than drink away.

But yeah, Thor wasn't kidding about all the crap he's endured. A lot for him, sure. But he's still Thor. I dunno, I ain't a Norse god tho, lol.

You sound like some of the posters in the Gabby camping girl thread - looking for sensible answers to nonsensical experiences
extra-ordinary situations call for extra-ordinary choices
Well, full of nonsense probably more than I should be. Don't mind me. :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom