Marvel Studios announces Phase 4 movies (1 Viewer)

The Eternals have never interested me. Not the original run, not the Neil Gaiman version, and nothing in between. They're creations from a time when Kirby was running on fumes creatively, burnt out on the industry, trying to recapture past glory, and just not really my thing.

I will say the movie looks (as in design and cinematography) beautiful.

And without getting spoilery, I will say I'm a bit confused about reports/leaks on this. Word is Marvel thinks they've got something groundbreaking here that's substantially different then their usual stuff. Like reports are Feige and Co. are super high on what Chloe Zhao has done and are talking it up big internally as a giant leap forward.

But then a couple of months ago some 100% confirmed to be accurate reports from test screenings came out and seemed to indicate something that sounds much more mundane and bog standard MCU. Almost phase 1 sounding at times.

Granted, there have apparently been some substantial reshoots after those test screenings and there's a very real chance the movie we get is substantially improved upon what was tested back then, but what was reported didn't exactly wow me as a basis to build on.

The trailers haven't got me excited at all for this. Maybe the first reactions can get my blood pumping. The reactions to Shang-Chi have me pumped. People are losing their minds over it.
I just hope the talking heads and studios have recalibrated to where a film doesn't have to make a billion dollars to be a success.

I used to own issue #15 thought I was buying a Hulk book at the time. Ikaris is pretty cool and its nice to have a less popular title getting a feature film.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom