Marvel Studios announces Phase 4 movies (2 Viewers)

Scorpius the Allfather

Dream Theater fanatic!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
ANyone post this one yet?

I trust them, but without that, this just doesn't look all that appealing to me.
Jolie and Hayak seal the deal for me. I also don't think that the song was a good choice but I'm down with this movie plus I'm hoping for a Thanos cameo and NOT just some dialogue about him.

bonnjer

Let the Wins Count begin!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
ANyone post this one yet?

I trust them, but without that, this just doesn't look all that appealing to me.
Same. I know nothing about the Eternals, but Marvel Studios has my confidence.

Arathrael

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Same. I know nothing about the Eternals, but Marvel Studios has my confidence.
I'm really on the fence with this one, because on the one hand, I've liked all the Marvel Studios films, but on the other hand, I read the original Eternals comics, and, well, not so much. I can't put my finger on what exactly it was; Kirby was undoubtedly an incredibly talented guy, but the Eternals comics just came across as this really cheesy seventies idea of cosmic sci-fi, with dialogue to match. Just couldn't get into it.

Having said that, I haven't read any of the more recent Eternals stuff (like the 2006 miniseries), so no doubt there's more to it than I've seen.

But still, I'm kind of with @Cage1 on the teaser trailer not selling me on it just yet.

tenordas

Vesti le procè flamber
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Houston via New Jersey, New Orleans, Baton Rouge,
Richard Madden and Kit Harrington. Hoping that's a sign it's as well written and interesting as early GoT and not haphazard garbage like the last season of it was...

Seriously, though, it was an uninteresting comic when I was a kid; only read a couple of them before losing all interest. Hopefully, Feige and crew make something interesting out of it, but I must say there isn't anything of interest in the trailer other than the pretty faces of the three female leads already mentioned.

I suppose the "we haven't interfered...until now" is some sort of attempt at doing an Orson Wells-like "give just enough and leave enough mystery to pique interest" but they aren't as good as it as he was. Nothing in the trailer compelled me to care what the reason is that they're willing to interfere, and a well crafted trailer would have given me that.

Last edited:
OP
Grandadmiral

Grandadmiral

Infinite Power is da ****
Reaction score
I'm really on the fence with this one, because on the one hand, I've liked all the Marvel Studios films, but on the other hand, I read the original Eternals comics, and, well, not so much. I can't put my finger on what exactly it was; Kirby was undoubtedly an incredibly talented guy, but the Eternals comics just came across as this really cheesy seventies idea of cosmic sci-fi, with dialogue to match. Just couldn't get into it.

Having said that, I haven't read any of the more recent Eternals stuff (like the 2006 miniseries), so no doubt there's more to it than I've seen.

But still, I'm kind of with @Cage1 on the teaser trailer not selling me on it just yet.
Yeah. The Eternals was Kirby's attempt to recreate the New Gods once he returned to Marvel. It just never connected with me and seemingly not a lot of others unless they are die-hard Marvel fanboys.

This probably could have been better accepted if released on Disney+ IMO, but hey. It's the MCU.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Richard Madden and Kit Harrington. Hoping that's a sign it's as well written and interesting as early GoT and not haphazard garbage like the last season of it was...

Seriously, though, it was an uninteresting comic when I was a kid; only read a couple of them before losing all interest. Hopefully, Feige and crew make something interesting out of it, but I must say there isn't anything of interest in the trailer other than the pretty faces of the three female leads already mentioned.

I suppose the "we haven't interfered...until now" is some sort of attempt at doing an Orson Wells-like "give just enough and leave enough mystery to peak interest" but they aren't as good as it as he was. Nothing in the trailer compelled me to care what the reason is that they're willing to interfere, and a well crafted trailer would have given me that.
*pique interest

tenordas

Vesti le procè flamber
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
*pique interest

Whoops. Good catch. Fixed it.
I might have been woozy when I posted that. I was writing an email at one point this morning and I suddenly "came to" discovering I had two to three lines worth of a string random letters.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Whoops. Good catch. Fixed it.
I might have been woozy when I posted that. I was writing an email at one point this morning and I suddenly "came to" discovering I had two to three lines worth of a string random letters.
um...that doesn't sound good

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Oh I've done that a time or two over the last year. I'd be composing an email, or worse, entering transaction data and doze off in the middle of it and snap back awake to find a line or 2 of gibberish.
Uh....y’all go to the dr plz!

tenordas

Vesti le procè flamber
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah. The Eternals was Kirby's attempt to recreate the New Gods once he returned to Marvel. It just never connected with me and seemingly not a lot of others unless they are die-hard Marvel fanboys.

This probably could have been better accepted if released on Disney+ IMO, but hey. It's the MCU.
Which was also a lousy comic, but then pretty much all DC comics were lousy in the 70s because they had terrible writers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom