Marvel Studios announces Phase 4 movies (2 Viewers)

Also, why a Black Widow movie now? I certainly will watch it and I certainly think it's worthy, but the character died. This phase is about "beginnings" according to Drive, so why do we have a film about a character whose death was central to finalizing the previous loop of films? I'm not being critical of the choice, but just interested in seeing how this is supposed to fit together.

The Dr Strange film, The Eternals, Thor 4, etc is very exciting for the direction this appears to be going.

Also, the Loki series takes place after he takes the Tesseract in Endgame. I just feel like that's rope for something really great. I really do not want to spend more money on yet another streaming service, but Disney is going to make this a difficult choice.

I'm willing to bet they're going to spin some stuff off of Black Widow. Probably have Yelena Belova take on the name, introduce Taskmaster and maybe set some stuff up with Red Guardian. With it taking places between Civil War and Infinity War that's recent enough that those characters can be viable going forward. So you get Scarlet Johansen her solo movie (Hawkeye was the only other original avenger not to have one and he's getting a series. Obviously Ruffalo didnt but Hulk did.) and the chance to spin some stuff off of it for the future.

Also, why a Black Widow movie now? I certainly will watch it and I certainly think it's worthy, but the character died. This phase is about "beginnings" according to Drive, so why do we have a film about a character whose death was central to finalizing the previous loop of films? I'm not being critical of the choice, but just interested in seeing how this is supposed to fit together.

The Dr Strange film, The Eternals, Thor 4, etc is very exciting for the direction this appears to be going.

Also, the Loki series takes place after he takes the Tesseract in Endgame. I just feel like that's rope for something really great. I really do not want to spend more money on yet another streaming service, but Disney is going to make this a difficult choice.

Black Widow takes place right after Civil War and it looks like they are setting up a new Black Widow so that's part of the beginnings.

So does this mean that Jane Foster will be getting Mjolnir? And how? Or what other named weapon would she get? They showed her with the hammer so I'd assume it would be meow meow.

Actually, just saw a short interview with Feige where he said that Blade wouldn't be part of Phase 4 and that as it stands now the entire Phase 4 lineup was revealed last night. Which means Phase 4 looks to be pretty short (pretty much just 2020 and 2021). Interesting. Might be kind of a palette cleanser before a bigger Phase 5 that could conceivably introduce Fantastic Four and X Men.

I'm not all that excited with this line up. Was hoping for GotG3 and/or BP2. I'll see a few of these in the theater, but don't think I'll be running out opening weekend. However, I'll wait until trailers and some other footage gets released.

I'm not all that excited with this line up. Was hoping for GotG3 and/or BP2. I'll see a few of these in the theater, but don't think I'll be running out opening weekend. However, I'll wait until trailers and some other footage gets released.

GotG 3 isn't happening until after Gunn finishes Suicide Squad for DC/Warner Bros and that hasn't even started filming yet. We won't be getting Guardians 3 until 2022 at the earliest.

Actually, just saw a short interview with Feige where he said that Blade wouldn't be part of Phase 4 and that as it stands now the entire Phase 4 lineup was revealed last night. Which means Phase 4 looks to be pretty short (pretty much just 2020 and 2021). Interesting. Might be kind of a palette cleanser before a bigger Phase 5 that could conceivably introduce Fantastic Four and X Men.
I thought he mentioned were going to see mutants and the Fantastic Four. That being said, I'm sure it's no more than an Easter egg in a couple of them and maybe a post-credit scene or two. It was also mentioned that there was some Ten Rings references (Shang-chi) that we all missed.

Maybe honest trailers was right... phase 4 will be the puking near a dumpster phase...

j.k.

Not sure how I feel about all this. Once Trailers come out, I'm sure I'll be more excited. Never loved the horror genre, so we'll see about that new Dr. Strange.

It was also mentioned that there was some Ten Rings references (Shang-chi) that we all missed.

I'm really excited about this - and it's what a lot of talk is about around here because it features, Simu Liu an actor from next door and someone who people have fallen in love with as the lead in "Kim's Convenience" - a huge sitcom here in Toronto, based on a stage play that rose to prominence out of nowhere.

Shang-Chi will be the unexpected hit of this phase, mark my words.

I'm stoked for all of this. Why?

1. I was unsure how Marvel could make an effective Captain America. Had my worries. Was wrong.
2. Guardians of the Galaxy? Only die hard comic fans knew of these guys. This might not work. Uhoh. Was Wrong.
3. No one is going to buy a movie called Ant-Man. Seriously? Was wrong.

So I am just going to assume that worries about lesser known comic characters will, once again, be proven wrong. Marvel has earned the "Great until proven otherwise" assumption from me.

Just to add to that, that’s what made the MCU different from other franchises. It’s not just based around one character. It’s an ensemble.

And it works. I'm giddy. Was wondering where they go from here, but seeing what's coming certainly looks promising.

Pretty weak offering from Marvel in every way. I mean, i expected a "let down" after phase 3, nothing could live up the high point of IW/Endgame. But this...this is a train wreak even I didn't see comping.

Black Widow...a decent move, but should have came out 2 or 3 years ago, pretty pointless now that BW is dead.

Eternals...basically the 2nd In-Humans attempt. Would be good to introduced more of the cosmic elements of the Marvel universe as long as it doesn't turn into a big social diversity woke snooze fest.

Shang-Chi - translation - we're sorry we screwed up Iron Fist and the Mandarin, we'll give it a second go around.

All the disney plus streaming shows, all are b-list characters that have little to relevance in the MCU going forward. Nothing put a ploy to get people to pay for disney plus subscriptions. the one saving grace is they be able to tell a better story in 10 hours then in 2.5 hours. Question is, will anyone care?

Doctor Strange 2 - the one movie in all this mess i'm actual interested in seeing...2 and half years from now...joy.

Thor 4 - at first we were excited because no one really expected another Thor movie, then we realized it was nothing more then a virtue signalling transtion movie to retire Chris Hemsworth for gay Valkaire and feminized goddes of Thunder, from a recent comic story that was pretty soundly rejected.

And you thought the Star Wars franchise fell from grace overnight.

Looking ahead to phase 5, Blade (which has already been done but we need more diverse characters), Mutants (aka X-People), and maybe an Fantastic Four movie, that if the current trend will likely be some type of Ultimate or multiverse version that has no relation to the classic John Byrne era masterpiece.

Pretty weak offering from Marvel in every way. I mean, i expected a "let down" after phase 3, nothing could live up the high point of IW/Endgame. But this...this is a train wreak even I didn't see comping.

Black Widow...a decent move, but should have came out 2 or 3 years ago, pretty pointless now that BW is dead.

Eternals...basically the 2nd In-Humans attempt. Would be good to introduced more of the cosmic elements of the Marvel universe as long as it doesn't turn into a big social diversity woke snooze fest.

Shang-Chi - translation - we're sorry we screwed up Iron Fist and the Mandarin, we'll give it a second go around.

All the disney plus streaming shows, all are b-list characters that have little to relevance in the MCU going forward. Nothing put a ploy to get people to pay for disney plus subscriptions. the one saving grace is they be able to tell a better story in 10 hours then in 2.5 hours. Question is, will anyone care?

Doctor Strange 2 - the one movie in all this mess i'm actual interested in seeing...2 and half years from now...joy.

Thor 4 - at first we were excited because no one really expected another Thor movie, then we realized it was nothing more then a virtue signalling transtion movie to retire Chris Hemsworth for gay Valkaire and feminized goddes of Thunder, from a recent comic story that was pretty soundly rejected.

And you thought the Star Wars franchise fell from grace overnight.

Looking ahead to phase 5, Blade (which has already been done but we need more diverse characters), Mutants (aka X-People), and maybe an Fantastic Four movie, that if the current trend will likely be some type of Ultimate or multiverse version that has no relation to the classic John Byrne era masterpiece.

Vision, Scarlet Witch, Hawkeye, and Loki are FAR from b list characters. Your bigotry aside, one can even argue that the TV shows have bigger names comic wise than the movies do.

And who cares if it is like the John Byrne era? The MCU is not the comics universe. I agree the Byrne stuff was magnificient. That doesn't mean we should just copy it to the big screen. I HOPE they do something different.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom