Marvel Studios announces Phase 4 movies (2 Viewers)

No just kidding. I get that. I get the multiverse thing. SpiderPig is great (so was that movie). So is that what this is? Like a What If thing?
She first wielded Mjölnir in a 1978 “What If” comic. However, it was Aaron and Dauterman’s storyline that made the move canon in the official Thor continuity.

The 2014 storyline followed Original Sin, an epic crossover event spanning multiple Marvel comics that revolved around the mysterious death of Uatu the Watcher on his moon base. As the story unfolded, Thor was deemed no longer worthy to wield Mjölnir and the hammer was left abandoned on the moon.

After Original Sin, Frost Giants invade Earth and a new Mighty Thor arrives to save the day. For the first seven issues, her identity was a mystery. The original Thor, Odinson, initially tries to reclaim the role from her, but eventually acknowledges that she’s worthy after seeing her in action.

She first wielded Mjölnir in a 1978 “What If” comic. However, it was Aaron and Dauterman’s storyline that made the move canon in the official Thor continuity.

The 2014 storyline followed Original Sin, an epic crossover event spanning multiple Marvel comics that revolved around the mysterious death of Uatu the Watcher on his moon base. As the story unfolded, Thor was deemed no longer worthy to wield Mjölnir and the hammer was left abandoned on the moon.

After Original Sin, Frost Giants invade Earth and a new Mighty Thor arrives to save the day. For the first seven issues, her identity was a mystery. The original Thor, Odinson, initially tries to reclaim the role from her, but eventually acknowledges that she’s worthy after seeing her in action.

My only concern with the current continuity...

Is the cancer plot of her being Thor actually killing her. I hope that's not brought on screen.

ANyone post this one yet?

I trust them, but without that, this just doesn't look all that appealing to me.

I trust them, but without that, this just doesn't look all that appealing to me.

Jolie and Hayak seal the deal for me. I also don't think that the song was a good choice but I'm down with this movie plus I'm hoping for a Thanos cameo and NOT just some dialogue about him.

Same. I know nothing about the Eternals, but Marvel Studios has my confidence.

Same. I know nothing about the Eternals, but Marvel Studios has my confidence.
I'm really on the fence with this one, because on the one hand, I've liked all the Marvel Studios films, but on the other hand, I read the original Eternals comics, and, well, not so much. I can't put my finger on what exactly it was; Kirby was undoubtedly an incredibly talented guy, but the Eternals comics just came across as this really cheesy seventies idea of cosmic sci-fi, with dialogue to match. Just couldn't get into it.

Having said that, I haven't read any of the more recent Eternals stuff (like the 2006 miniseries), so no doubt there's more to it than I've seen.

But still, I'm kind of with @Cage1 on the teaser trailer not selling me on it just yet.

Richard Madden and Kit Harrington. Hoping that's a sign it's as well written and interesting as early GoT and not haphazard garbage like the last season of it was...

Seriously, though, it was an uninteresting comic when I was a kid; only read a couple of them before losing all interest. Hopefully, Feige and crew make something interesting out of it, but I must say there isn't anything of interest in the trailer other than the pretty faces of the three female leads already mentioned.

I suppose the "we haven't interfered...until now" is some sort of attempt at doing an Orson Wells-like "give just enough and leave enough mystery to pique interest" but they aren't as good as it as he was. Nothing in the trailer compelled me to care what the reason is that they're willing to interfere, and a well crafted trailer would have given me that.

Last edited:
I'm really on the fence with this one, because on the one hand, I've liked all the Marvel Studios films, but on the other hand, I read the original Eternals comics, and, well, not so much. I can't put my finger on what exactly it was; Kirby was undoubtedly an incredibly talented guy, but the Eternals comics just came across as this really cheesy seventies idea of cosmic sci-fi, with dialogue to match. Just couldn't get into it.

Having said that, I haven't read any of the more recent Eternals stuff (like the 2006 miniseries), so no doubt there's more to it than I've seen.

But still, I'm kind of with @Cage1 on the teaser trailer not selling me on it just yet.
Yeah. The Eternals was Kirby's attempt to recreate the New Gods once he returned to Marvel. It just never connected with me and seemingly not a lot of others unless they are die-hard Marvel fanboys.

This probably could have been better accepted if released on Disney+ IMO, but hey. It's the MCU.

Richard Madden and Kit Harrington. Hoping that's a sign it's as well written and interesting as early GoT and not haphazard garbage like the last season of it was...

Seriously, though, it was an uninteresting comic when I was a kid; only read a couple of them before losing all interest. Hopefully, Feige and crew make something interesting out of it, but I must say there isn't anything of interest in the trailer other than the pretty faces of the three female leads already mentioned.

I suppose the "we haven't interfered...until now" is some sort of attempt at doing an Orson Wells-like "give just enough and leave enough mystery to peak interest" but they aren't as good as it as he was. Nothing in the trailer compelled me to care what the reason is that they're willing to interfere, and a well crafted trailer would have given me that.
*pique interest

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom