Marvel's Inhumans to get own series on ABC (1 Viewer)

And here we go (Inhumans series coming to IMAX & ABC)...

Well, even though the movie might be on hold, looks like we're getting a TV series...

15MARVEL-blog427.jpg

LOS ANGELES — One of Marvel Entertainment’s most sprawling superhero mythologies, the Inhumans, is headed to the small screen in a major way.

But the Inhuman likes of Black Bolt, Crystal and Lockjaw, the teleporting dog, will first appear on big screens. As in the biggest.

Imax Corporation, Marvel and the ABC broadcast network announced a partnership on Monday to introduce — and finance — a lavish new television series that will focus on the Inhuman royal family. Under the agreement, a version that combines the initial two episodes of “Marvel’s The Inhumans,” shot entirely with Imax cameras, will play exclusively for two weeks next September on Imax screens worldwide.

Shortly thereafter, the episodes — edited to include additional scenes — will run on ABC, with new installments unspooling in typical prime-time fashion. (The look of the series on TV will be enhanced due to Imax technology.)

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/15/b...umans-tv-series-will-arrive-via-theaters.html

Can we get a merge please... :hihi:

are they really going to do Lockjaw?

kinda bummed it's a network show - i wish there was some place in between ABC and Netflix that they would develop

Call me intrigued... It's certainly something new to premiere a network show on Imax screens first. They haven't even announced casting, EP, Showrunner, etc. and they will have it all ready by next September?

I think it's going to be very different than the comic book. It will be much more aligned to AoS.

In the MCU thread I said I thought this would happen. Because of how loosely AoS was tied to the MCU movies, and how prominent Inhumans were on AoS, it just made sense.

I think it's going to be very different than the comic book. It will be much more aligned to AoS.

In the MCU thread I said I thought this would happen. Because of how loosely AoS was tied to the MCU movies, and how prominent Inhumans were on AoS, it just made sense.

I'm very interested to see how they handle the costumes - all other Marvel shows (and even most of the DC ones, underplay the costumes, but Black Bolt and Medusa, Triton - heck all of the Inhumans - have such 'comic booky' looks that it will be interesting to see if they try to tone it down or just go for it

I'm very interested to see how they handle the costumes - all other Marvel shows (and even most of the DC ones, underplay the costumes, but Black Bolt and Medusa, Triton - heck all of the Inhumans - have such 'comic booky' looks that it will be interesting to see if they try to tone it down or just go for it

You know. I wouldn't mind an underplay of the costumes with the Inhumans EXCEPT for Black Bolt. He needs his original costume and not the craziness going on in Uncanny Inhumans.

Medusa's hair cgi is going to be tricky too

Yeah. I expect that to be modified to be somewhat shorter than in the comics. It'll expand out when she uses it for whatever reason.

I would be so much more interested in this if it were on cable or Netflix. I can't think of a single network show outside of Lost that I ever kept up with after a couple seasons. I'm over The Blacklist. I'm starting to lose interest in Agents of Shield. I didn't even finish a season of Gotham.

I would be so much more interested in this if it were on cable or Netflix. I can't think of a single network show outside of Lost that I ever kept up with after a couple seasons. I'm over The Blacklist. I'm starting to lose interest in Agents of Shield. I didn't even finish a season of Gotham.

i hear you, though i do think that the last 1/2 season of Shield is some dern good tv

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom