Marvel's Spider-Man PS4 (1 Viewer)

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm going to jump ahead of Antipop and just say this may very well be GOTY and I've only played the first 30 minutes.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEBp_F67_DI

It's a bit like Arkham Knight in terms of QTE's and fighting, except instead of gliding, you have webs and there seem to be a lot more moves (that I haven't figured all out yet). And well, it's day time and there are people out.

it's not GOTY because that belongs to God of War and possibly RDR2

it's not GOTY because that belongs to God of War and possibly RDR2

...hmm.. with all these titles, it may be Games of the Year this year.

The opening sequence is good.

No. That would be the D2 Forsaken expansion.

While I really do enjoy D2 Forsaken, I think Spider-Man will be a better overall game.

Unless you have a thing for tears.

While I really do enjoy D2 Forsaken, I think Spider-Man will be a better overall game.

Unless you have a thing for tears.

These are just facts. You can choose to ignore them at your leisure.

And, Spider-Man games are fun for about an hour.

So is the game actually open world? Like, Grand Theft Auto open world? Or is it more open world like God of War is "open world" ?

So is the game actually open world? Like, Grand Theft Auto open world? Or is it more open world like God of War is "open world" ?

Pretty much GTA open world. I can go all over NYC. You can ignore the story and explore all of NYC.

This game is a lot of fun. Traversal and fighting are a blast. While some of the events your run into in the open world are repetitive, they are still a ton of fun due to how great the other systems are. Highly recommend.

Combat moves aren’t just mashing buttons. There’s different enemy types that demand different approaches and every enemy can be dispatched in a few different ways. They did combat well.

Although why Peter Parker stashed over 50 backpacks around the city is beyond me. Seems wasteful.

I just started playing. About 30 minutes to get the basics. All I can say is wow. I loved the Batman games, but this one seems even better. It looks incredible. I was literally giggling while webslinging all over the city.

I just started playing. About 30 minutes to get the basics. All I can say is wow. I loved the Batman games, but this one seems even better. It looks incredible. I was literally giggling while webslinging all over the city.

Test. Beta test.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom