Marvel's Spider-Man PS4 (2 Viewers)

I loved this game. The web shooting abilities, and swinging around the city were a blast.

I also thought the story was great.

I'm getting near the end of the story.

My only minor dislike is when I have to play other characters not named Peter Parker. Those sneaking missions get old.

I'm getting near the end of the story.

My only minor dislike is when I have to play other characters not named Peter Parker. Those sneaking missions get old.

Yeah, I forgot about those. I really liked the 1st two, and would have been open to the rest if they had used a different gameplay style/mechanic, but they did kinda get old.

Once people start finishing, I’d be down for talking about the plot. I don’t know how most feel about it, but I loved the story.

Yeah, I forgot about those. I really liked the 1st two, and would have been open to the rest if they had used a different gameplay style/mechanic, but they did kinda get old.

Once people start finishing, I’d be down for talking about the plot. I don’t know how most feel about it, but I loved the story.

Some may not even start the game until later, so I'd say, maybe after a while use the spoiler tags..

You can type whatever here and then people have to choose to look. But I'd say for now, avoid it.

Some may not even start the game until later, so I'd say, maybe after a while use the spoiler tags..

You can type whatever here and then people have to choose to look. But I'd say for now, avoid it.

Oh, for sure. I know not everybody was able to tackle the game as quickly as I was.

I’ll defitiny use the tags if/when I post anything about the plot.

Oh, for sure. I know not everybody was able to tackle the game as quickly as I was.

I’ll defitiny use the tags if/when I post anything about the plot.

I finished it last night.

Very good game. I liked the mechanics. Some missions get a bit repetitive, ala Assassin's Creed or GTA. Moving around the city is just a joy, especially as you add a few abilities. I like the suits. I have most of them unlocked.

I liked the story a lot. I think the interactions with the main bad guys was very well done and the motivations were solid.

spoiler time.

First off, I'll admit, I got misty at the end. May dying, really sucked. The voice acting was very good. And the fact she knew he was Spiderman...

Of course, Doc Ock was great. Also figured out Peter was Spiderman. He whole twisted logic thinking he was doing the world a favor.. yeesh. I didn't realize he was going to be the big bad, until they showed the arms. I thought maybe he was a teaser for a future expansion and Li was the big bad, so when pretty much the Sinister 6 come out to play, I was a bit caught off guard. I'm glad I didn't get early spoilers to know that.

The only thing that confused me at the end, was why Peter stabbed himself with the arm to then attack Octavius. I don't get why that helped? I understand the writing/sacrifice moment, but logistically, I didn't see how that improved the situation for him to get a hit on Doc Ock. Maybe it was just too dark for me to notice.

Also, I only used the costume a bit, but the "cartoon" version, with the Quips power is probably my favorite one. It's too funny.

I don’t have time to detail my thoughts right now, but I agree with pretty much all of that.

so, i have about 10 hours in the game....it's a really good game but it's no GOTY....

it's basically full of video game cliches....nothing really stands out other than the web slinging...

it's still a lot of fun but it doesn't really bring anything new to the table

so, i have about 10 hours in the game....it's a really good game but it's no GOTY....

it's basically full of video game cliches....nothing really stands out other than the web slinging...

I think the story is a strength, but it picks up as the game goes on.

I found that as the game went along, and really started to open up, it did a great job making me feel like spider-man. I felt like I could be very fast and creative during combat, and like you said, they nailed the web slinging/swinging. That's just my opinion of course.

I also agree with Ward that the story was a strength. I honestly think this game's story would have been a great spider-man movie.

I'm just now starting out on this game, so I've not really gotten to experience much outside of just cruising about the city and beating up a few baddies. However, without looking at the team that created the game, this feels a whole lot like the first Infamous game. I'm having a fight with carpal tunnel right now, so my gaming time has been neglected to 15-30 minute sessions. The city looks great though.

I found that as the game went along, and really started to open up, it did a great job making me feel like spider-man. I felt like I could be very fast and creative during combat, and like you said, they nailed the web slinging/swinging. That's just my opinion of course.

I also agree with Ward that the story was a strength. I honestly think this game's story would have been a great spider-man movie.

i didn't mean that to be a slight against the game...it's just that the combat and collecting stuff doesn't really bring anything new to the table...i actually enjoy that brand of combat for a superhero game because it makes sense...

i really like the game but it's no God of War and not likely to be better than RDR2....

Batman: Arkham City is still my favorite superhero game....followed closely by Infamous

i didn't mean that to be a slight against the game...it's just that the combat and collecting stuff doesn't really bring anything new to the table...i actually enjoy that brand of combat for a superhero game because it makes sense...

i really like the game but it's no God of War and not likely to be better than RDR2....

Batman: Arkham City is still my favorite superhero game....followed closely by Infamous

I got what you meant..it follows the general Arkham City / Arkham Knight, Assassins Creed, RDR, GTA basic model in gaming.

And like those games, there are a lot of layers to this one as it gets going.

Whoever designed the physics engine on MJ’s arse deserves an award.

Oh yeah, I hear you. I haven’t played the latest GoW yet, but I have no reason to doubt the praise it’s received. I’m also very optimistic about Red Dead 2.

I didn’t think you were slighting Spider-Man. It’s very possible it’s not GotY material. I think it’s a safe bet to be a top 3-5 game though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom