Marvin Lewis Press Conference 11/15 (1 Viewer)

dbnola

Reaction score
Q: Do you know Saints coach Sean Payton?
ML: Yes. He's done a fine job. He and the quarterback are two guys much like each other, which is good. It's a good match. Drew Brees tends to be very coach-like. He's grown up with that kind of background that fits Sean -- kind of the mad professor-type guy. He's done great.

----->>>> Funny comments: mad professor-type guy--->>>> Coach Payton.
I agree with him about the relationship of Coach Payton-Brees------> Good match!!! Yup.

Q: Drew Brees seems to be playing very well:
ML: They're doing a good job. They're getting some explosive plays. They do a good job of really trying to game-play you, attack your weakness and make some big vertical plays. Their guys do a good job of running with the catch. (Marques) Colston's really made some fine plays, Devery Henderson's come in and done great. They'll check the football down and allow those backs to run with the ball, too. They mix it up a lot. Each and every week a little something different.

More to read:http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=5684

Q: The Saints seem to have rallied around the emotion of the Katrina devastation:
ML: Again, we've got to go play. I think you face it every time you go on the road in the NFL. Whether you go to Cleveland or Baltimore or Pittsburgh, or New Orleans or Kansas City. You seems like you face that. And that's part of the NFL. This is an enclosed stadium. It's going to be a touch louder. But I think we've been in loud places week in and week out. We've got to get ready to play and go.

I think the dome is a lot more than a touch louder than what he is thinking.

You can watch it if you go to the multimedia section. They have the best Official Site in the NFL IMO.

Looking at other vids on there, CJ's interview from today (yesterday for me but w/e) he says that McKenzie is a very underrated cb and probably the best he'll face all season. Now I know he likes a joke, but he looks deadly serious.

I like Marvin Lewis. That's some comments. And he is right...every week is different. I don't know what the offense will come out and run next week....

Its funny how Marvin Lewis seems to think Devery is going to be a factor when he probably wont even play?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom