Mask mandate question…. (1 Viewer)

Outbackjack

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Coming to NOLA in a few weeks for vacation.

Is the new mask mandate still to enter restaurant, no mask at table?

What about a place like Preservation Hall?
I’d guess they’d have the mandate.

Str?

Just trying to plan ahead…..thanks

Yes everything is open
No capacity restrictions yet
We’ll see…

We'll see indeed. We have been above the 10% positivity rate for at least a week now (maybe longer) and that would have meant no bars could be open in Orleans under the rule the Governor had put in place. So, I guess it's just a question of if the Governor takes action soon or if LaToya will wait for him to act. If the numbers stay like they are or get worse, I would expect the bars to be closed by the Mayor or the Governor soon.

It blows for the bar owners, restaurant owners, and visitors. But, the worst part is that this was all preventable and we had this beat only a few months ago but some refused to do the simple things necessary to keep the bars, restaurants, and economy open. Now we will all likely have to pay for their shortsightedness and selfishness.

Private businesses need to require proof a vaccination.

My concern is that it's pretty easy for someone to print their own fake card if they have the desire. This past year has shown us how many people will resort to extreme behavior when confronted by as little as slight inconvience

Someone posted on another site that there is an app called LAWallet - it’s mostly to let you have you dr license on your phone- but it can also have you vax record

What sucks for me is that since I have the trial Novavax vaccine, they haven't linked our vax status to the app and they won't until it gets EUA (probably 3rd quarter). I do have a CDC card though.

My concern is that it's pretty easy for someone to print their own fake card if they have the desire. This past year has shown us how many people will resort to extreme behavior when confronted by as little as slight inconvience

It's absurd that this is even conceivable.

With reasonable leadership at the state level, this would be a crime and here in Florida, we have a clown making a spectacle of standing in the way of local government and private businesses making decisions.

The same guy who would die to keep a baker from having to make a rainbow cake will likewise die to prevent another business owner from requiring masks on his patrons or employees.

We need to implement the Chinese Social credit system right away. I'm sick of having to be around undesirables who don't worship government.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom