Masks and mikes (1 Viewer)

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I’m generally surprised there hasn’t been more inventiveness in regards to (covid) masks
To wit, why don’t nfl head refs have mikes that fit inside their masks so they don’t have to pull their mask down to broadcast?
They could easily construct a mask that had a bit of a ‘beak’ so there wasn’t any muffling
- coaches too

Broadway costumers are out of work right now and they could be creating/constructing all kinds of cool mask innovations

My wife has a mic she uses in her classroom. She finds it easy to speak into it with the mask on. No idea why the officials take them off.

My wife has a mic she uses in her classroom. She finds it easy to speak into it with the mask on. No idea why the officials take them off.

If they don't take them off then they wouldn't get all that face time on the TV man. If you don't get that then what's even the reason to be a referee?!?!?!?

Probably because most people see them as temporary and don't want to invest the time & money into something that they feel won't be around much longer. You still have coaches & players on the sidelines wearing the cheap blue throw-away masks even though the NFL is all about merchandising & branding. My guess is if the mask mandates continue into next season we'll probably start seeing more of what you're talking about with integrated mics & such.

If they don't take them off then they wouldn't get all that face time on the TV man. If you don't get that then what's even the reason to be a referee?!?!?!?

To screw over the Saints. Or was that a trick question?

I'm still trying to figure out why Payton is on the sidelines with a $0.99 disposable mask instead of something more comfortable.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom