Mass Effect 2 (1 Viewer)

Is it really worth it to transfer a save from the 1st ME to play my character in the 2nd?

Any significant pros/cons?

My save file is on another 360 and it's going to take some work to get my save file on the xbox I'm currently playing... It could be done, but is it really a big deal?

Is it really worth it to transfer a save from the 1st ME to play my character in the 2nd?

My save file is on another 360 and it's going to take some work to get my save file on the xbox I'm currently playing... It could be done, but is it really a big deal?

I didn't try it without transferring my character, but I can't see it making much difference. None of your levels, points, upgrades or weapons transfer and there are only a few spots where I think it could possibly make a difference, and I'm not sure that it does make any difference even in those circumstances.

Last edited:
I didn't try it without transferring my character, but I can't see it making much difference. None of your levels, points, upgrades or weapons transfer and there are only a few spots where I think it could possibly make a difference, and I'm not sure that it does make any difference even in those circumstances.

Thanks Widge... I appreciate the help.

I would transfer the save game. There are many references throughout the game to your Mass Effect 1 decisions that add a nice flavor like e-mails and mini-cut scenes. It is not a requirement for game play, though.

Ok, beat it. Overall impression is that it was great, the story was still interesting, but the combat is still lacking. The scoping/aim mechanic is still...weird. Example, if you have the reticle directly centered on an enemy at distance, you pull the aim button on the controller and it doesn't go to that spot, it goes somewhere around there.

Also, the cover system is awesome, but ridiculous. About to die? Find cover quick and your life and shield regenerate immediately. There can be an enemy directly on the other side of a low barricade and they won't be able to hit you. it's nice, and saves your butt a lot, but you can probably go through a great portion of the game without ever losing your shields.

haven't decided if I'll be taking a second run through it; my first character was a good guy archetype, and playing through as a bad guy isn't all that appealing to me.

This is something that annoyed me about it: ME1 had too many side missions to let you collect new gear and weapons. ME2 doesnt have enough, as outside of a few side-quests that are available from people you meet on the planets, there isn't much cause to investigate the majority of the ME2 universe. Once you've gained enough materials from the random planets to max out the Normandy and some of your weapons and armor, there's nothing to attract you to further exploration.

Also, regarding armor and weapons, im torn about how they handled it. You don't really get different weapons, just upgrades to the ones you start with. Theres a Heavy Pistol, an SMG, Shotty, AR, and a variety of heavy weapons, which you don't get enough ammo for to really enjoy using them. you unlock upgrades to them, and once you do there's no reason to use a previous incarnation of it, but they give you the option, which makes no sense really. And armor has no variety for your characters. you unlock upgrades to suit strength and shields, but no ones armor changes the entire game save for costume change unlocks you can achieve through the game. there are apparently unocks for other armor you can purchase, as if you have an account from Dragon age and you had the Blood Dragon armor from it, you can carry that to this game. That's about it for variety; you can however alter the way that Sheppard's armor looks aesthetically by changing the pattern and color, and what upgrades you use, but that's it for now. Im sure you can pay to download more down the line. If you're still playing it, that is.

Actually... Now that I've had some time to get into ME2, I found that there are some benefits from importing a char from ME1.

At the 1st 'Mission Complete' screen, there is an option for 'Import Bonuses' and the following is listed:

You've received the following bonuses for importing a Level 50 character into Mass Effect 2.

+2000 Experience (start at level 3)
+30000 Credits
+5000 Element Zero
+5000 Iridium
+5000 Palladium
+5000 Platinum
+190 Paragon
+113 Renegade

And then there was a 2nd 'Import Bonuses' tag that reads:

You've received 100000 bonus credits for importing a rich Mass Effect 1 character.

So... I guess there is some benefit to importing a character.

Actually... Now that I've had some time to get into ME2, I found that there are some benefits from importing a char from ME1.

At the 1st 'Mission Complete' screen, there is an option for 'Import Bonuses' and the following is listed:

You've received the following bonuses for importing a Level 50 character into Mass Effect 2.

+2000 Experience (start at level 3)
+30000 Credits
+5000 Element Zero
+5000 Iridium
+5000 Palladium
+5000 Platinum
+190 Paragon
+113 Renegade

And then there was a 2nd 'Import Bonuses' tag that reads:

You've received 100000 bonus credits for importing a rich Mass Effect 1 character.

So... I guess there is some benefit to importing a character.

Ah, I went through ME1 quickly just to finish it before ME2 and I never got my character to level 50 or had much cash. I didn't realize the level made a difference. Sorry I misled you.

Ah, I went through ME1 quickly just to finish it before ME2 and I never got my character to level 50 or had much cash. I didn't realize the level made a difference. Sorry I misled you.

No worries!

I really wanted to import my character but was concerned about moving my profile around between my 360's and then figuring out how to move the extra DL content but now that I've got it all worked out, I realize it was really just me thinking too far into it...

I started to play the game without importing, and then couldn't really get into it. By the time I was able to try again I had a memory card and figured I'd just see what happens...

Enjoying it now, and have all my extra DL content, but I think I still need to get some armor from Dragon's Age.

Gotta figure that one out now...

I got this last night and have a silly question- i entered the cerberus code to download the arrmor and the shotty- where are they? i m only on the first mission and cant find the eqiuipment anywhere.

I was hoping for more of a bonus when importing ME 1 character.

I got this last night and have a silly question- i entered the cerberus code to download the arrmor and the shotty- where are they? i m only on the first mission and cant find the eqiuipment anywhere.

I was hoping for more of a bonus when importing ME 1 character.

I had to exit/restart the game a few times before it recognized the DL content. The armor is in the captain's cabin on the 4th floor of the ship (up the elevator) and the extra weapons can be accessed when you load out to go on a mission.

I didn't get any import bonuses until after I had finished the first mission and then it listed them for me.

I had to exit/restart the game a few times before it recognized the DL content. The armor is in the captain's cabin on the 4th floor of the ship (up the elevator) and the extra weapons can be accessed when you load out to go on a mission.

I didn't get any import bonuses until after I had finished the first mission and then it listed them for me.

cheers!

Just got this game yesterday. I think it's fantastic so far.

Unfortunately i went soldier and i wish i had gone vanguard.

Last edited:
Question. I'm thinking about starting over as a vanguard. I keep seeing that you can unlock bonus talents, and i'm not sure how. I would sure like to get sniper rifle capability if i'm going to switch to vanguard. Does anyone have any info on doing this?

Thanks guys.

Question. I'm thinking about starting over as a vanguard. I keep seeing that you can unlock bonus talents, and i'm not sure how. I would sure like to get sniper rifle capability if i'm going to switch to vanguard. Does anyone have any info on doing this?

Thanks guys.

I think you can upgrade any talent no matter what class you choose. The special abilities come from completing certain missions for various members of your team and earning their loyalty. (Sometimes you also have to say the right thing in a conversation.) And the rest you get by finding the upgrades or unlocking them with minerals.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom