Mass Effect 2 (1 Viewer)

I'm so pumped up for that game. That launch trailer is just, sick.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y2O-0-fQOOs&hl=fr_FR&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y2O-0-fQOOs&hl=fr_FR&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Seeing that trailer gets me tingly. Might do another playthrough of the original as a warmup.

The only question is, 360 or PC? Mass Effect is one of my favorite experiences on my 360. But my PC is beastly now. It would undoubtedly look better on the computer. Hmmmm....

I found the first one a little boring, the combat was a little clunky, and the side quests sound cool and turn out to be a useless waste of time. That being said, if it wasn't for the long load times and the game not seeming to HAVE an ending, and Fallout 3 hitting my lap, I would probably still be playing it. I've heard that ALL of these things have been addressed, and so I'm looking forward to this one.

I'm getting this game on Thursday next week after I get my check cashed. Launch trailer looks amazing.

I remember my favorite thing about the first game was the galaxy map on your ship. I thought that thing was downright badass. I really hope they improve it/still have it on the next one.

Seeing that trailer gets me tingly. Might do another playthrough of the original as a warmup.

The only question is, 360 or PC? Mass Effect is one of my favorite experiences on my 360. But my PC is beastly now. It would undoubtedly look better on the computer. Hmmmm....

well, if you want to be able to use the save file.. you have to have the same version..:scratch:

IGN's Review

9.6 out of 10
Games like Mass Effect 2 don't come around often enough. Look at any aspect and you can be sure it's great. It's incredibly personal while still retaining a sense of epic sweeping scale. The combat and mission design are outstanding. The visuals, voice acting, soundtrack, and direction are miles ahead of the competition. Perhaps most impressively, Mass Effect 2 manages to fulfill its incredible ambition while only suffering from very few technical hiccups. The only real caveat I should mention is that some of the revelations and plot twists won't be quite as powerful if you haven't played Mass Effect 1, but that isn't any reason to skip this fantastic videogame.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/106/1062898p1.html

nice, thx Rob. I was on the 'going to get it next week' side of the scale, but now I'm on the 'going release day' to get it.

IGN's Review

9.6 out of 10
Games like Mass Effect 2 don't come around often enough. Look at any aspect and you can be sure it's great. It's incredibly personal while still retaining a sense of epic sweeping scale. The combat and mission design are outstanding. The visuals, voice acting, soundtrack, and direction are miles ahead of the competition. Perhaps most impressively, Mass Effect 2 manages to fulfill its incredible ambition while only suffering from very few technical hiccups. The only real caveat I should mention is that some of the revelations and plot twists won't be quite as powerful if you haven't played Mass Effect 1, but that isn't any reason to skip this fantastic videogame.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/106/1062898p1.html

So their biggest complaint in a story-driven continuity heavy game whose biggest selling point and innovation is the fact that your decisions from the original carry over is that it relies too heavily on the first game? Isn't that to be expected, since the entire experience was built around the idea that you would play both games (and the eventual third game) to get a semi-personalized story?

Also, I'm totally playing a Vanguard. The charge ability looks INSANE.

So their biggest complaint in a story-driven continuity heavy game whose biggest selling point and innovation is the fact that your decisions from the original carry over is that it relies too heavily on the first game? Isn't that to be expected, since the entire experience was built around the idea that you would play both games (and the eventual third game) to get a semi-personalized story?

Also, I'm totally playing a Vanguard. The charge ability looks INSANE.

as i did in the first game. I plan to play all the classes through, some more than once.:9:

Did anyone see the trailer during the game last night? They had to spend serious money it was probably about 90 seconds long. With the Saints possibly going to the Bowl at that point I was already gloating, then to see that commercial...whew got me even more hyped for it!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom