Mass Effect 2 (1 Viewer)

HennessyRob

NOLA Raised
Reaction score
'You cannot fit this much awesome on one disc,' says BioWare

BioWare Community Manager Chris Priestly states on the official forums Mass Effect 2 will be split onto two separate discs for both PC and Xbox 360. The PC will not require any disc swap since the game will need to be fully installed. Xbox 360 owners, however, will need to perform one required swap.

Being Released on Jan 26, 2010

Attachments

• mass effect 2.jpg
    mass effect 2.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 324
'You cannot fit this much awesome on one disc,' says BioWare

you can on a blu-ray

just sayin

/pillowswing

i have been wanting to check out mass effect.....at least give it a try....RPG isn't really my thing

anita is predictable....and not afraid to admit it

Well in this case you are right (first time for everything). Which brings up the discussion we've had before, where does Microsoft go from here on their next console? I don't see how they incorporate BluRay and essentially give Sony a cut of every title they sell, how can they?

You have to sell some kind of media for a title otherwise you limit that title's success for non-online gamers, which although it may not include us, is a HUGE segment of the gaming world.

You can:

A) supplement that 8GB DVD disc with download content if you like (similar to what's happening now)

B)Move to BluRay (don't see it)

C)Have multiple discs and a larger HD requiring larger installs and no swapping

D)Have multiple discs for occasional swapping like the original Playstation had to with it's graphics heavy titles (FF IX was 4 discs)

E)Use the defeated HD-DVD technology to create a proprietary XBOX media that would have 25+ GB of space available on it, if it's even possible to do. (Hey, Sony created UMD-why can't Microsoft just use the equipment that's there sitting idle? It might be a problem pressing as many copies needed on limited machines though)

Just curious and there may be other options available that I haven't thought of.

Sorry about the thread direction Rob the new arbitrary rule about no more than 3 new threads can be started in 24 hours means I'm kind of stuck jacking other people's threads when I get a thought. It kind of happens all the time here anyway.

Sorry about the thread direction Rob the new arbitrary rule about no more than 3 new threads can be started in 24 hours means I'm kind of stuck jacking other people's threads when I get a thought. It kind of happens all the time here anyway.

What rule is that?

What rule is that?

Try making 3 new threads in 24 hours. Can't be done. Andrus capped it because of the SSF getting out of control with self-important posters bombarding the 1st page (mostly newly acquired bandwagoners). Can't blame him but it sucks all the same when I'm on a posting frenzy and there's multiple EE, SSF and VG news. It would be great if they could limit it to the SSF though. I think the MODS were going stir crazy over how much more work they had. Makes me wanna donate again.

Try making 3 new threads in 24 hours. Can't be done. Andrus capped it because of the SSF getting out of control with self-important posters bombarding the 1st page (mostly newly acquired bandwagoners). Can't blame him but it sucks all the same when I'm on a posting frenzy and there's multiple EE, SSF and VG news. It would be great if they could limit it to the SSF though. I think the MODS were going stir crazy over how much more work they had. Makes me wanna donate again.

Hasn't fixed it. 3 threads per :ssfguy: will still swamp the ssf. They should change the restrictions based on post count or membership time or the wonderlic test.

or the wonderlic test.

That would effectively silence 24/7

party0043.gif

In case you didn't play the 1st one or did play it but forgot what happened, the following video will help.

<object width='480' height='270' id='ignplayer' data='http://media.ign.com/ev/embed.swf' type='application/x-shockwave-flash'><param name='movie' value='http://media.ign.com/ev/embed.swf' /><param name='allowfullscreen' value='true' /><param name='allowscriptaccess' value='always' /><param name='bgcolor' value='#000000' /><param name='flashvars' value='vgroup=masseffect_in5min_spc_121509&object=14235013' /></object><div style='width:480;'><a href='http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14235013/mass-effect-2/videos/masseffect_in5min_spc_121509.html'>More Mass Effect 2 Videos</a></div>

I love this game, too bad my 360 days are in the past...

I hope it eventually comes to PS3.

Mass Effect is still my favorite RPG yet on Next Gen consoles. (Barely edging out Oblivion, only b/c Mass Effect's plot was great)

Absolutely amazing trailer.

<object id="ignplayer" data="http://media.ign.com/ev/embed.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="270">

</object>More Mass Effect 2 Info

Plus this impressive voice cast:

Emmy/Golden Globe winner Martin Sheen (That's him as the "Illusive Man" in that trailer)

Oscar nominee for House of Sand and Fog Shohreh Aghdashloo

Chuck
stars Adam Baldwin and Yvonne Strahovski

Matrix
star Carrie Anne Moss

Battlestar Galactica
stars Michael Hogan and Tricia Helfer

Everyone's favorite Klingon Michael Dorn aka Worf from Star Trek: The Next Generation

Plus returning notables Seth Green as Joker and Keith David (from Crash/ the Arbiter from Halo 2/3) as Admiral David Anderson.

Spoilers also abound for many of the following:

-How Shepard's level/abilities are reset

-The meaning of the Shepard KIA trailer

-The first hour-90 minutes of the game

-The identity of the two squadmates who return as playable characters

-What Wrex (who is not playable) might be up to and how your decision regarding him changes the game

-Several of the ME1 quests that specifically carry over, some of which (deaths, the ending, etc) are obvious and some of which are unexpected and which outcomes are considered "canon" and occur by default when you start a game without a ME1 save.

-Full achievement list (which is actually pretty light on the spoilers)

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom