Mass Effect Andromeda (1 Viewer)

I've heard that some games are forced to use this type of cover system because they don't want to give up a button that's just devoted to getting in and out of cover. I've never thought of it that way before, but it makes sense.

It makes sense until you realize that there are countless games that use one of the 15 available buttons for cover

not to mention there have been a few games that do not have a dedicated cover button but handle cover a lot better than ME:A or GR:W

I mean, L3 is used to show your quest info...seems like they could have made a crouch/cover button there

Cover systems are dumb. No games should have it. Play Minecraft if you don't want to fight, noobs.

I don't tell you how to play your games :mad:

ME:A is not goty material but it's a pretty solid game so far

I agree that the cover system is dumb...this is two games in row that have awful cover systems for no reason...it's not like the cover mechanic is new to vide gamies

Stop crying about Wildlands. Backwards Rodrick and I are trying to enjoy it.

And if you say it's not a goty then it must be bad.

ME:A is not goty material but it's a pretty solid game so far

I agree that the cover system is dumb...this is two games in row that have awful cover systems for no reason...it's not like the cover mechanic is new to vide gamies

Yeah, the combat doesn't feel like the highlight others made it sound out to be. But, as I've gained levels/powers, it's feeling a little better. I don't cover as much.

I haven't needed to do this yet, but there is medigel, right? It's not as obvious in the control scheme to use, or to recharge shield as needed as previous games. So, either it's not there or too wonky.

Just finished the main part of the first planet explore. Visually very cool. it did feel a bit like being inside the network from Deus Ex (hexagons galore), but the scale of it was cool. I like that you can look around while you're in the gravity well.

the interface for getting new gear is a bit wonky as well. I think the Witcher 3 was unique in re-designing the menus based on feedback. Not sure another game would ever do that. Maybe it's just that the major RPG elements don't shine from the get go. There wasn't much to buy or upgrade.

Just hit a spot in the game that locked up my entire playstation with how broken it was. I had to hold triangle to do a task, but when it finished, I was in the process of getting attacked. When the task completed, it went into a locked dialogue session and wouldn't let me fight back. I tried to quickly spazz through the dialogue, but I ended up getting killed. However, the game didn't acknowledge this and kept pushing me through the rest of the dialogue and then the quick load afterwards. The game then flashed to a black load screen that just sat there and I couldn't access anything on the playstation. Had to manually reset everything.

Ok, Space Invaders and Galaga had more intricate ending stories than this game did. They just said "The End, we're done, roll credits", and as far as I can tell not a single decision along the way had any effect other than whether you had more dialog about help in a fight a few steps before end. I figured Bioware would go crazy to get a good ending done right this time.

Just hit a spot in the game that locked up my entire playstation with how broken it was. I had to hold triangle to do a task, but when it finished, I was in the process of getting attacked. When the task completed, it went into a locked dialogue session and wouldn't let me fight back. I tried to quickly spazz through the dialogue, but I ended up getting killed. However, the game didn't acknowledge this and kept pushing me through the rest of the dialogue and then the quick load afterwards. The game then flashed to a black load screen that just sat there and I couldn't access anything on the playstation. Had to manually reset everything.

Where abouts?

Ok, Space Invaders and Galaga had more intricate ending stories than this game did. They just said "The End, we're done, roll credits", and as far as I can tell not a single decision along the way had any effect other than whether you had more dialog about help in a fight a few steps before end. I figured Bioware would go crazy to get a good ending done right this time.

I'm likely somewhere around half way to a bit past half way through the game, I'd imagine. I'm taking time to do the side stuff now.

So, question, without getting all into it. Does this game feel like its own story, or more like world building to prep for a sequel?

Well I find this very surprising.

Where abouts?

Voeld. There are some critters gathering around a beacon of some sort and you have to fight them off and do something to the beacon (honestly all the quests kind of run together so I forget the specifics).

I don't endorse the guy's actual review, but I thought it was pretty funny. I actually disagree with most of it, but it's some pretty righteous I-hate-this-game rage.

NSFW, lots of f-bombs etc.

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QDjci1ODoBs" allowfullscreen="" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>

I don't endorse the guy's actual review, but I thought it was pretty funny. I actually disagree with most of it, but it's some pretty righteous I-hate-this-game rage.

NSFW, lots of f-bombs etc.

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QDjci1ODoBs" allowfullscreen="" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>

I wonder if he'd like it 5% better if he played the male twin. Better voice acting.

Otherwise, overall I'm agreeing. Maybe not the **** this game part, but it's like they tried to recreate the original mass effect, but not as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom