Mass Effect Andromeda (1 Viewer)

I am enjoying the game...the story is pretty average and the gameplay is not as fluid as other shooters but it's still fun

of course, I never played the previous titles enough to become a butthurt fanboy

I was a huge fan of the first three of the series. I haven't, and may not ever buy this one. I have read some of the hate for this game online and found much to laugh about. It is interesting to discover some information pertaining to some of those in key roles that helped contribute to some of the hate. Whether it was a "very experienced" cosplay expert being the lead animation designer or another developer with some very strong distaste for Caucasians.

I hope EA/Bioware learns from this to improve the series. The video segment spoof of the poor animation is hilarious.

I don't think the guy was technically wrong about anything, but I still think it's a game that can be enjoyed a lot despite those things. The frequency and intensity is where he's a bit off. Like some of the voice acting is every bit as bad as he says, but some of it is really good.

Skyrim has terrible voice acting and it's still a great game...not sure when people started judging video games on voice acting

Skyrim has terrible voice acting and it's still a great game...not sure when people started judging video games on voice acting

I agree. Mass Effect is not terrible because of the voice acting. It's terrible for the graphics, gameplay, boredom, weak plot, crappy concept, too much dialogue, bad hit detection, poor control scheme, ugly packaging, and long load times.

The previous Mass Effect entries had much better voice acting coupled with solid, though slightly wooden, animation that made the delivery a little more tolerable.

I've cared about voice acting since the Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver series. It was the first time I played a game and marveled at the production values associated with an interactive experience. AAA series shouldn't be as bad as some of the ME Andromeda vid clips I've seen.

The previous Mass Effect entries had much better voice acting coupled with solid, though slightly wooden, animation that made the delivery a little more tolerable.

I've cared about voice acting since the Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver series. It was the first time I played a game and marveled at the production values associated with an interactive experience. AAA series shouldn't be as bad as some of the ME Andromeda vid clips I've seen.

honestly, I haven't noticed any outright terrible voice acting or animation...it's weak at times but overall it's probably pretty average....

I assume some of it was patched since release

of course, I am actually playing the game instead of watching clips on the youtubez :gamefilm:

I loved Soul Reaver....that's a series I'd like to see get a proper reboot

I am enjoying the game...the story is pretty average and the gameplay is not as fluid as other shooters but it's still fun

of course, I never played the previous titles enough to become a butthurt fanboy

I think if you ever went back and just played ME2 and ME3, you'd understand some of the complaints.

If you played ME1, you'd see what they tried to do.

This is really just ME1, rebranded and a slightly different twist. Kind of like The Force Awakens being a rebranded A New Hope, but not as entertaining.

I'm enjoying the game though. But, I can see the drop off. ME3, minus the very ending, had a much better story, better music, more weight to it. So, going from ME2, ME3, to ME:A.. it's a drop in quality and story. But, that's because they're building a new galaxy. So, ME1 is the standard to compare against. The issue is, the put back in all the stuff they stripped out of the second and third game that was a bit dull.

I'm still playing the crap out of it though.

There are lots of voices, but I actually thought there were a lot of memorable and enjoyable voice actors in Skyrim. It was kind of amusing when you'd recognize the same actor playing 5 parts, though.

Well, the ME games are basically an animated Telltale storybook with a little bit of combat and puzzles thrown in to mix it up. Definitely don't go in for the isometric DnD-like games like Tyranny. There it's just reading not voice ;)

Well, the ME games are basically an animated Telltale storybook with a little bit of combat and puzzles thrown in to mix it up. Definitely don't go in for the isometric DnD-like games like Tyranny. There it's just reading not voice ;)

My wife is spoiled with modern games. She likes watching some that I play that have a good story and good voice acting. She cringes at the shooting though (she freaks if I'm getting over run).

When I'd play a more old school game, where you had to read text she's like "what is this crap?"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom