Mass shooting in Buffalo NY. (1 Viewer)

What part are you disagreeing with? Should I quote the people who said that? It's a simple Google search away.

Or maybe I should post the statistics on how it's spread and the percent of deaths that Wisconsin just put out

I beg to differ. A bomb isn't easy to make. So, the odds of someone going to that length would be less. And, odds are some would blow themselves up.
Bombs are actually quite easy to make. For God's sake Ukranian citizens with no military experience are making them and holding off Russian soldiers with them.

People are the problem. As long as you have a society that doesn't value human life, shows no consideration for those around them, and believes that the ends justify the means, no ideology or ism will work. You can't legislate morality unless you are willing to have an oppressive regime to back it up thru fear.

Bombs are actually quite easy to make. For God's sake Ukranian citizens with no military experience are making them and holding off Russian soldiers with them.

People are the problem. As long as you have a society that doesn't value human life, shows no consideration for those around them, and believes that the ends justify the means, no ideology or ism will work. You can't legislate morality unless you are willing to have an oppressive regime to back it up thru fear.
So each and every industrialized society values life more than we do?

So each and every industrialized society values life more than we do?
Logic says that someone has to rank last in that and we do provide plenty of good arguments that it's us

4chan and 8chan can be held liable too. And, yeah, the 1st Amendment won't allow you to shut them down. But, do you really want them shut down? I'd rather monstrous wack jobs say these things in public so we can watch them and stop them before they act rather than them doing it in private where we don't know what they are planning. The problem is that law enforcement doesn't do a good enough job monitoring these guys or finding out who they are before they act.
Who says that the government didn't monitor them well enough to know? They may have known and either condoned it, or just didn't care because of who the potential victims were.

The ideology might be "crazy" in a colloquial sense, but it doesn't mean he's legally insane.
Sure, it was a somewhat tongue in cheek comment, but they are at minimum loco. I'm less worried about legal definitions and more concerned with the practical.

I beg to differ. A bomb isn't easy to make. So, the odds of someone going to that length would be less. And, odds are some would blow themselves up.

I think it is quite reasonable to assume that these young adult males with deficient social skills who have been radicalised by the internet will…. *checks notes* … start enriching uranium as a substitute for the firearms that they can no longer easily access.

I think it is quite reasonable to assume that these young adult males with deficient social skills who have been radicalised by the internet will…. *checks notes* … start enriching uranium as a substitute for the firearms that they can no longer easily access.
Pressure cookers or some pipe. Barrels of fertilizer. I mean, it's really not that hard. Molotov cocktails can do some damage too.

Sure, it was a somewhat tongue in cheek comment, but they are at minimum loco. I'm less worried about legal definitions and more concerned with the practical.
The issue with dismissing this as "crazy" Dave is that it is now common to associate these acts of terrorism, by white supremacists, as "crazy" as a way to diminish this threat as a "one-off." The now popular lone-wolf. These aren't acts of isolation. It's a pattern.

This terrorist and supremacist was no more crazy than Hitler was crazy. They speak with clarity, intent, conviction and confidence. He wasn't insane and what he is indoctrinationated into it and preaching is dangerous. It's not crazy, it's commonplace. Eventually, America will have to own its white supremacy problem. But, trying to pass this off as fringe behavior, or shaming it back to irrelevance, those days are done. It has to be confronted as the mainstream behavior it is. White America doesn't like hearing that but yall don't have to live under its oppression constantly, so tough.

For the record, my friend, I know this isn't your position, and I understand the point you are making. But, as always, if I see an opportunity to give perspective, I will.

The issue with dismissing this as "crazy" Dave is that it is now common to associate these acts of terrorism, by white supremacists, as "crazy" as a way to diminish this threat as a "one-off." The now popular lone-wolf. These aren't acts of isolation. It's a pattern.

This terrorist and supremacist was no more crazy than Hitler was crazy. They speak with clarity, intent, conviction and confidence. He wasn't insane and what he is indoctrinationated into it and preaching is dangerous. It's not crazy, it's commonplace. Eventually, America will have to own its white supremacy problem. But, trying to pass this off as fringe behavior, or shaming it back to irrelevance, those days are done. It has to be confronted as the mainstream behavior it is. White America doesn't like hearing that but yall don't have to live under its oppression constantly, so tough.

For the record, my friend, I know this isn't your position, and I understand the point you are making. But, as always, if I see an opportunity to give perspective, I will.
That makes sense. I appreciate the perspective as always and value your thoughts.

I guess my tendency is to want the white supremacy worldview to be something that is unacceptable and "crazy" as an apt descriptor. I would say just because it's commonplace doesn't mean it's not crazy. At least that was what I was thinking. It certainly should be dealt with. There certainly is too much of it, particularly in law enforcement.

I do want to be part of the solution to the problem of racism as much as I possibly can, but sometimes I feel like I'm a passenger on this journey.

I gotta be honest, reading some of that manifesto, it just seems way too trolly to me, it's a bit too perfect when you think about the racist, neckbeard, edgelord stereotype who has been on the internet a little too long. If you're going to the /pol/ board on 4chan and taking that as the gospel, to the point you act out in real life based on it, you're so far gone that you haven't even been existing in reality for quite some time. That part of 4chan is littered with trolling, edgelord posting(including racist stuff), conspiracy theories. That board is about 20 years old at this point, going back to like 2003.

The feds monitor those boards, they have for years now. People who used to moderate various boards have confirmed as such.

I do want to be part of the solution to the problem of racism as much as I possibly can, but sometimes I feel like I'm a passenger on this journey.
If you want to do something about it, call it out whenever you see it and ostracize those who espouse the beliefs. Give no quarter to those who even lean that way. Social pressure can work wonders from time to time.

If you want to do something about it, call it out whenever you see it and ostracize those who espouse the beliefs. Give no quarter to those who even lean that way. Social pressure can work wonders from time to time.
Pretty much. A few of my family members don't like me for that reason, lol. Ultimately, I don't talk with them much these days.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom