Massive 2000+ man fight happening in EVE Online right now. Goons vs TEST. $18,000 (real money) worth of ships destroyed. (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I'm going to try to summarize what happened as I'm taking from a few sources and haven't played the game in years. The relationship between the TEST (Testagram) and the Goons (GSF) goes back about 3 years. Initially, they were friends. As the Goons got powerful (extremely powerful) they kind of became jerks, using most other groups to run their menial errands for them and offering scraps as payment. A lot of the leadership in TEST got tired of dealing with this so the relationship has been strained. Very, very strained. Cold War level strained.

Today the GSF made a huge mistake by moving a big chess piece out of position and TESTS buddies jumped on it.

In EvE, system ships can't move long distances without a jump bridge. TITANS (the biggest ship in the game that takes 3 real world months to build) have a jump bridge that others can use. The fleet was getting ready to jump when the TITAN captain accidentally hit the button to send himself.

Alone.

The PL (a group friendly with Testagram) decided to attack the TITAN as this kind of opportunity NEVER comes along. Goons start swarming to defend (I imagine real world calls/texts started flying) and then TEST is called in for attack support. All hell breaks loose.

Over 700 Billion in (game value) property was destroyed. TEST has lost (real world value)$17,000 to GSF's $1000 (early estimates).

Each sides propaganda machines have been cranking out non stop. These 2 teams are the largest and richest in EvE.

There is rumor that although the fighting has subsided, thousands of players from each side are gathering in their respective sectors to send through/defend.

I'd like to hear from current players in what they think of last nights event.

BREAKING: Massive Super Fight in Asakai Lowsec | THE MITTANI dot com

This is what Asakai looked like last night
asakaifight.jpg

Len0Ai5h.jpg

Fd7VEyS.jpg

I'm not really sure what this game is about, but I read about this on another message board and instantly thought Greasers vs Preps via The Outsiders. I thought it was cool to have such a large scale war though.

Couldn't get into the combat and menial tasks, but this is cool seems like Test took a beating though.

Funny with the Dust 514 thread. IIRC the online play is centered around using players from Dust 514 as substitutes for NPCs and AI in all the ground fights in EVE, so they'll have guys on PSN deciding their $1000 battles on the ground ;)

I'm going to try to summarize what happened as I'm taking from a few sources and haven't played the game in years. The relationship between the TEST (Testagram) and the Goons (GSF) goes back about 3 years. Initially, they were friends. As the Goons got powerful (extremely powerful) they kind of became jerks, using most other groups to run their menial errands for them and offering scraps as payment. A lot of the leadership in TEST got tired of dealing with this so the relationship has been strained. Very, very strained. Cold War level strained.

Today the GSF made a huge mistake by moving a big chess piece out of position and TESTS buddies jumped on it.

In EvE, system ships can't move long distances without a jump bridge. TITANS (the biggest ship in the game that takes 3 real world months to build) have a jump bridge that others can use. The fleet was getting ready to jump when the TITAN captain accidentally hit the button to send himself.

Alone.

The PL (a group friendly with Testagram) decided to attack the TITAN as this kind of opportunity NEVER comes along. Goons start swarming to defend (I imagine real world calls/texts started flying) and then TEST is called in for attack support. All hell breaks loose.

Over 700 Billion in (game value) property was destroyed. TEST has lost (real world value)$17,000 to GSF's $1000 (early estimates).

Each sides propaganda machines have been cranking out non stop. These 2 teams are the largest and richest in EvE.

There is rumor that although the fighting has subsided, thousands of players from each side are gathering in their respective sectors to send through/defend.

I'd like to hear from current players in what they think of last nights event.

BREAKING: Massive Super Fight in Asakai Lowsec | THE MITTANI dot com

This is what Asakai looked like last night
asakaifight.jpg

Len0Ai5h.jpg

Fd7VEyS.jpg

I must say as an EVE fan, that is so cool!

I have no clue about anything to do with this game, but this sounds cool enough I want to play now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom