Masters Tournament (1 Viewer)

Madmarsha

Feral housewife
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Well, "my boy" Sergio is out. Who ya got?

My heart says Rickie, my head says Bryson. He took a month off to focus on his Masters strategy. We'll see pretty early I imagine if he'll be one of the top contenders. Augusta isn't one of those courses when you can just rip it 350 yards off the tee and still be in good position.

Scottie Scheffler is a dark horse if he can close. I’m going with DJ. If his drive is on he will be tough to beat

If Bryson is hitting those cannon shots off the tee straight down the middle this week, it'll be his tournament to lose.
But If John Rahm can just play his game with some good 'flat stick' performance, he'll probably be in the mix on Sunday.
Augusta National requires a good week of putting to have a shot at the green jacket.

One thing that probably won't happen is another Tiger victory. But it will be fun to see if he can get to the weekend and get his name somewhere on the leaderboard. :9:

This was in the twitter thread, but also appropriate here as well. My question is, did he call the shot?

Crazy!

You can tell how he hit the ball that he was trying to skip the ball off the water. I don't think he expected that result, but he definitely knew the contours of that green. It has been a tradition for players in practice rounds to try to skip the ball across the lake just to see if they could get it on the green. He succeeded, and then some.

On Monday, he also made a hole in one on the par 3 fourth hole.

You can tell how he hit the ball that he was trying to skip the ball off the water. I don't think he expected that result, but he definitely knew the contours of that green. It has been a tradition for players in practice rounds to try to skip the ball across the lake just to see if they could get it on the green. He succeeded, and then some.

On Monday, he also made a hole in one on the par 3 fourth hole.
Rahm is a crazy good golfer who is currently ranked 2nd in the world. Depending on how he & Dustin Johnson finishes at Augusta National this week will determine if Rahm moves into the #1 spot. He has all the potential in the world to be great for years to come!

Last edited:
Bryson will be hitting 400 yard drives. If he’s on he wins.
If Bryson is hitting those cannon shots off the tee straight down the middle this week, it'll be his tournament to lose.
But If John Rahm can just play his game with some good 'flat stick' performance, he'll probably be in the mix on Sunday.
Augusta National requires a good week of putting to have a shot at the green jacket.

One thing that probably won't happen is another Tiger victory. But it will be fun to see if he can get to the weekend and get his name somewhere on the leaderboard. :9:
Rob and Bill, the weather is supposed to pretty wet the first couple of days. I think that it will definetly limit Bryson's run-out on his drives. I don't see any 400-yarders. The course will be playing longer. Bryson damn near jumps out of his shoes now on his drives. He's long, but often in the rough. He thinks it does not matter because he will always have a wedge in his hand on his second shot. But hitting out of wet, longer rough will not be easy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom