Match Up Problems against the chiefs (4 Viewers)

Chiefs secondary can be taken advantage of, but their DL is still elite without Houston.

They have the second fewest sacks in the league with seven in five games? :idunno:

And they're giving up 4.4 yards per carry, 24th in the league?

Their pass defense is decent, but that 5th in the league passer rating allowed is fueled mostly by their nine INTs, but SIX of which came in one game against the Jets, who have been throwing the ball around like some drunk guy riding in Bacchus.

I LOVE this game for us. Low expectations, line opened at 6-1/2, which I was all over, now down to 6, which I still love.

On offense, they're pretty consistent, but they don't have great athletes to beat us, and Alex Smith doesn't throw the ball away, but he's the kind of not-much-escapability QB we can get to, and he's one of the most sacked guys in the league so far this year. Their run game is solid, but we can focus on it, and our DL is relatively healthy right now. I just don't see them having the kind of attack that can come at us like NYG, Atlanta, San Diego, Carolina and Oakland, all of which are in the top 11 in passing yards per game, and some of which we've actually kept in check for long stretches -- Oakland and Carolina scored almost all their points in the fourth quarter, and we kept the Giants out of the end zone on offense.

I know that we're not usually the same offense outside on grass, but....tomorrow is good weather and a fast track. If they can't get to Brees, I don't see how they're going to keep us to so few points that we're not in it the whole way.

I'll be very disappointed if we don't win this game. This is a great matchup for us, and I'm pumped.

KC is a good team. Strong running game, solid at QB and they play quality defense. One of the overlooked faucets of their team is the play of their special teams.

But still, they can be susceptible to leaks.

I can't believe what I just saw on nfl.com

Start 'Em, Sit 'Em Week 7: Quarterbacks - NFL.com

Sit of the Week - Drew Brees vs. Kansas City Chiefs

Go bold or go home, right? Brees is difficult to bench, so consider this a warning. In his last nine road games, he's posted 12 touchdown passes and nine interceptions. He's also scored more than 17 fantasy points once in those contests, averaging a pedestrian 14 points. Kansas City has also been very hard on quarterbacks at home.
Seriously??? Do I really sit him?

They have the second fewest sacks in the league with seven in five games? :idunno:

Their pass defense is decent, but that 5th in the league passer rating allowed is fueled mostly by their nine INTs, but SIX of which came in one game against the Jets, who have been throwing the ball around like some drunk guy riding in Bacchus.

I LOVE this game for us. Low expectations, line opened at 6-1/2, which I was all over, now down to 6, which I still love.

On offense, they're pretty consistent, but they don't have great athletes to beat us, and Alex Smith doesn't throw the ball away, but he's the kind of not-much-escapability QB we can get to, and he's one of the most sacked guys in the league so far this year. Their run game is solid, but we can focus on it, and our DL is relatively healthy right now. I just don't see them having the kind of attack that can come at us like NYG, Atlanta, San Diego, Carolina and Oakland, all of which are in the top 11 in passing yards per game, and some of which we've actually kept in check for long stretches -- Oakland and Carolina scored almost all their points in the fourth quarter, and we kept the Giants out of the end zone on offense.

I know that we're not usually the same offense outside on grass, but....tomorrow is good weather and a fast track. If they can't get to Brees, I don't see how they're going to keep us to so few points that we're not in it the whole way.

I'll be very disappointed if we don't win this game. This is a great matchup for us, and I'm pumped.

I guess you forgot that playoff game in 2011 :covri: wish I could

The Chiefs have 2 great RB's and 2 very good TE's. I think our run defense has to step up and avoid the typical 50 yd big rush play in each and every game (as they have been consistant in keeping RB's down below 4 yds per rush othewise). But what really concerns me is that our defense can not cover TE's. It will be an ugly low scoring game ala vs the Giants. Probably the same sad outcome

I guess you forgot that playoff game in 2011 :covri: wish I could

No, I'm aware. Painfully.

That was five years ago, dude's 32 now, last few seasons he's been sacked quite a bit, in exchange for not throwing picks. Andy Reid is a fanatic about his QBs not throwing picks (McNabb was always among the lowest in the league in INT %, now Smith is as well) -- if you look at KCs stats since Reid and Smith got there, they are always low in INTs but high in sacks (especially given that they don't throw as much as other teams).

Bottom line is that I think we can get to him and force more punts/three-and-outs. They've not scored a ton of points this year, and I don't think we'll be quite as exposed.

He doesn't have much escapability? except against the Saint's he kinda proved he does!

Kris

You'll also notice that Brandin Cooks accumulates the vast majority of his routes on go-routes. He's one of the absolute premier deep threats in the NFL, and his max speed (22.13 MPH) on his 98-yard touchdown from Week 1 is still the fastest recorded of the season on a receiving score. If there's one thing that Marcus Peters has shown some flaws in this season, it's a propensity to get burned deep by speed.

Week 7 Next Gen Stats best value fantasy matchups - NFL.com

:gosaints:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom