Match Up Problems against the chiefs (1 Viewer)

Scott Barrett ‏@ScottBarrettDFB 2h2 hours ago
Since 2007, the active WR with the highest % of TDs per targets inside the 10-yard line (min. 20 such targets) is Jeremy Maclin (15 of 28)

Last season, Travis Kelce ranked 36th in red-zone targets and 46th in targets inside the 10-yard-line. He played in all 16 games.

This season, Travis Kelce is the only KC receiver with more than one target inside the 10-yard-line. He has five. Jeremy Maclin has zero.

We need to watch for Kelce in the red zone..

Also, see this on Cooks/Snead/Thomas vs Peters & co.:

Week 7 Next Gen Stats best value fantasy matchups - NFL.com

(scroll down some)

That Link and the cooks discussion that proceeds is money :covri:

Will be a good game to determine how MT stacks up against the big boy CB's. Next week he'll see Sherman. Good back to back test in his young career.

Marcus Peters is the matchup we have to watch out for. Not only their top corner, he leads the entire league in interceptions with 5 already which is insane. I'm expecting a big game from Snead and Thomas with Peters on Cooks.

When you wished in your soul the Saints took this man but they picked Peat instead. I'm just saying I remember the draft and just hoping we would get him over Devante Parker or that he would fall where we took Anthony. Good player.

OUR WRs should be able to get open. They play a lot of man coverage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All i know is usually around the middle of the 3rd until the end is where the real test starts. Chiefs are gonna ground and pound and we gotta be ready for it

All i know is usually around the middle of the 3rd until the end is where the real test starts. Chiefs are gonna ground and pound and we gotta be ready for it

A couple of quick TD's would be the best way to put the brakes on their running game.

It's going to be a beautiful sunny day in KC, high of about 74 and little wind. 24-21 Saints.

I think we lose this game. I think the Chiefs probably even cover the -6.5.

It's just not a great matchup for us on the road. Chiefs secondary can be taken advantage of, but their DL is still elite without Houston. Jammal Charles is gonna be back and Ware is averaging 5.1 a carry. Our run defense is pretty terrible. Any QB can abuse our secondary, so that's a bad matchup for us.

These are exactly the kinds of teams we typically lose to.

You can't win every week having to score 40+ points. Unless our defense actually plays well, this one could get ugly. I think we beat the Seahawks the next week though.

Actually Charles has experienced swelling in his knee and his status while technically is questionable is still up in the air. There's a chance he doesn't play.

This is going to be a tough game. No doubt in my mind. The Chiefs always have a good ground game, a solid defense, and Arrowhead is always going to be a tough place to play. If we can get a lead and force Alex Smith to beat us passing I think we have a good shot.

I think it comes down to Jamaal Charles. If they limit his touches we should be alright. If they turn him loose it could be a long day. Aside from Charles they don't have the type of skill guys that other teams we've faced have. Maclin and Kelce are solid but typically they aren't going to single-handedly take over a game. But we've seen lesser talents take over the game against our defense so who knows.

Spencer Ware is the RB to watch out for. Over 400 yds rushing and over 5ypc. He also has 13 catches for over 230 yds, nearly 18ypc!

But he has had a issue with ball security, with 3 lost fumbles.

Would b nice to have Ellerbe back to cover him.

Actually Charles has experienced swelling in his knee and his status while technically is questionable is still up in the air. There's a chance he doesn't play.

I'd rather Charles play. It's possible he struggles at least.

Spencer Ware has been excellent this year. The less carries he gets, the better.

I think we lose this game. I think the Chiefs probably even cover the -6.5.

It's just not a great matchup for us on the road. Chiefs secondary can be taken advantage of, but their DL is still elite without Houston. Jammal Charles is gonna be back and Ware is averaging 5.1 a carry. Our run defense is pretty terrible. Any QB can abuse our secondary, so that's a bad matchup for us.

These are exactly the kinds of teams we typically lose to.

You can't win every week having to score 40+ points. Unless our defense actually plays well, this one could get ugly. I think we beat the Seahawks the next week though.

I'm not saying that I think we lose this game. But I definitely agree that these are the types of games that make me nervous. These types of teams tend to give us trouble.

With our defense, I don't think any lead really effects the other team. Teams know they can get back into it just by staying with the plan.

We were up 21-0 at home last week and it meant nothing.

With our defense, I don't think any lead really effects the other team. Teams know they can get back into it just by staying with the plan.

We were up 21-0 at home last week and it meant nothing.

True, but KC is not a quick strike/throw downfield type team.

They are a good team, but if we were to get up big on them, they would have a tougher time than some coming back.

Everyone says the Chiefs will be a hard team to beat blah blah. Tell me folks, what do they got on us? We have a solid oline, solid dline, and great players at skill positions. we are going to carve them up. slice and dice them. Alex Smith's eyes are going to be big. We are going to taranchala them. Lets' go Saints.

The feeling on the game, including the current betting line, is that there's a greater chance for the Chiefs D to control our O than our D doing the same to their O. The one possible fly in that ointment? TAKEAWAYS! Stay on the plus side in the turnover ratio and anything's possible.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom