Match Up Problems against the chiefs (2 Viewers)

SaintsMan209

SB This year!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Everyone says the Chiefs will be a hard team to beat blah blah. Tell me folks, what do they got on us? We have a solid oline, solid dline, and great players at skill positions. we are going to carve them up. slice and dice them. Alex Smith's eyes are going to be big. We are going to taranchala them. Lets' go Saints.

- They have a running game that's pretty good.

- They have a QB who doesn't make mistakes and can move the ball against bad secondaries (which we have).

- They have a defense that can rush the passer

Things we can exploit?

- Good QBs can get to their secondary big time

- Their rushing defense is not very good

- Alex Smith is not a good down the field thrower

- Their OL pass protecting is pretty bad

This one's a toughie. It may be the toughest game all year. A really solid team in a very hostile environment.

I won't be crushed by a loss especially looking at the remainder of the schedule, which includes mostly very winnable games as this team gets healthy.

I will be very excited by a win, but I don't expect one.

Marcus Peters is the matchup we have to watch out for. Not only their top corner, he leads the entire league in interceptions with 5 already which is insane. I'm expecting a big game from Snead and Thomas with Peters on Cooks.

Last season, they started 1-5 before winning 10 games in a row.

Now that's impressive.

This year, it's been more of a consistent pattern.

Week 1: W
Week 2:L
Week 3:W
Week 4: L
Week 5: W
Week 6: (let's continue the trend :9:)

Marcus Peters is the matchup we have to watch out for. Not only their top corner, he leads the entire league in interceptions with 5 already which is insane. I'm expecting a big game from Snead and Thomas with Peters on Cooks.

Fleener and Josh Hill better come ready to play because this will be who gets the targets.

I think we lose this game. I think the Chiefs probably even cover the -6.5.

It's just not a great matchup for us on the road. Chiefs secondary can be taken advantage of, but their DL is still elite without Houston. Jammal Charles is gonna be back and Ware is averaging 5.1 a carry. Our run defense is pretty terrible. Any QB can abuse our secondary, so that's a bad matchup for us.

These are exactly the kinds of teams we typically lose to.

You can't win every week having to score 40+ points. Unless our defense actually plays well, this one could get ugly. I think we beat the Seahawks the next week though.

This is going to be a tough game. No doubt in my mind. The Chiefs always have a good ground game, a solid defense, and Arrowhead is always going to be a tough place to play. If we can get a lead and force Alex Smith to beat us passing I think we have a good shot.

I think it comes down to Jamaal Charles. If they limit his touches we should be alright. If they turn him loose it could be a long day. Aside from Charles they don't have the type of skill guys that other teams we've faced have. Maclin and Kelce are solid but typically they aren't going to single-handedly take over a game. But we've seen lesser talents take over the game against our defense so who knows.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom