Match Up Problems against the chiefs (1 Viewer)

Everyone says the Chiefs will be a hard team to beat blah blah. Tell me folks, what do they got on us? We have a solid oline, solid dline, and great players at skill positions. we are going to carve them up. slice and dice them. Alex Smith's eyes are going to be big. We are going to taranchala them. Lets' go Saints.

I like the way you think. If our team thinks that way, we're going to dismantle them.

Realistically, there will be no room for error. The team with the fewest turnovers will probably win.

The offense has to execute consistently on the road for the first time this season if we have any shot of winning this game. They couldn't get it going in New York and were hit and miss in San Diego. The defense is what it is at this point and the injury to Moore won't help.

I think we lose this game. I think the Chiefs probably even cover the -6.5.

It's just not a great matchup for us on the road. Chiefs secondary can be taken advantage of, but their DL is still elite without Houston. Jammal Charles is gonna be back and Ware is averaging 5.1 a carry. Our run defense is pretty terrible. Any QB can abuse our secondary, so that's a bad matchup for us.

These are exactly the kinds of teams we typically lose to.

You can't win every week having to score 40+ points. Unless our defense actually plays well, this one could get ugly. I think we beat the Seahawks the next week though.

Someone is going to have to play the role of "keep Peters occupied" Not sure who it will be yet but the other WR's will have to make plays.

Their Dline isn't great...they just blitz a lot to allow their CB's to squat on routes because they know the ball has to come out fast. The big thing here is making sure our protections are right and what has been Drew's rating against the blitz. Their is some cohesiveness on the right side of the line but I worry about Armstead and whomever our Guard is having a bit of rust communication wise.

Another matchup is their RB's out of the backfield. If they can constantly beat us with short passes to the backs it's going to be a long game. Getting Ellerbe back will be integral because you'll need Vaccaro matched up on Kelce a lot to keep him quiet.

Tackling and limiting yards will be key....makes me wonder if we'd prefer to play a lot of man vs zone this week. Maybe Man Under 2 high for the majority of the game.

We can win but it'll take a good game from all phases and literally no mistakes. This is not a good game to start tinkering and putting guys in positions they haven't been in. Loud Stadium....noise...nerves can lead to untimely turnovers and I noted SP saying there was the possibility of bring Murphy back into the fold to return kicks and an uptick in Lasco's carries. I'd def save that for a week down the road.

This is the type of game against the type of team that Drew could struggle against. A lot of it will depend on the O-line. If we keep him clean, we don't turn the ball over and win. If he gets heavy pressure all afternoon, we'll have some turnovers and it won't be a very good day.

This is the type of game against the type of team that Drew could struggle against. A lot of it will depend on the O-line. If we keep him clean, we don't turn the ball over and win. If he gets heavy pressure all afternoon, we'll have some turnovers and it won't be a very good day.

Might be a good game to break out the runs to keep down and distance manageable so they can't bring too many exotic blitzes. 3rd and 8 or more consistently against this team is dangerous.

I think we lose this game. I think the Chiefs probably even cover the -6.5.

It's just not a great matchup for us on the road. Chiefs secondary can be taken advantage of, but their DL is still elite without Houston. Jammal Charles is gonna be back and Ware is averaging 5.1 a carry. Our run defense is pretty terrible. Any QB can abuse our secondary, so that's a bad matchup for us.

These are exactly the kinds of teams we typically lose to.

You can't win every week having to score 40+ points. Unless our defense actually plays well, this one could get ugly. I think we beat the Seahawks the next week though.

Aside from your feelings about the Seahawks game, I completely agree.

We are an improved team given the injury circumstances, I LOVE the intensity that we play with but this season we're not beating the Chiefs (or the Seahawks IMHO).

This will be a great learning experience for some of the young players to carry-over into the next season.

On a side note, I just hope Armstead is not rushing back. True, an injured Armstead is better than a healthy Tony Hills but I want Armstead to play more than two more games

We tend to play conservative on the road until we have to score..so I expect dink and dunk all game until we need scores then we'll open things up.

Before people say "Hey, we scored 35 in San Diego" that's a different story. 2 turnovers helped us get that otherwise we played conservative.

On the road we're usually around 20 to 24 points..and that's where we'll be. This game will be on our defense. Let's hope the second half Charger game and most of the first half Carolina game defense shows up in this game.

Arrowhead is a tough venue and not to be taken lightly. (Very good fanbase)

They are healthier than us. Jamal Charles is a question mark as he may not be back to his old form. Alex Smith has his moments, but he may be the weakest QB we've faced thus far. I expect them to dink the ball underneath with high-percentage passes and rely more on their run game.

They are definitely beatable, but I'd give them the edge.

beware the bootleg left .....:covri:

Ooohhh, man! I can't forget about that. We made Alex Smith look like a Pro Bowler that day. Its a shame. I really believe if we had gotten past the 9'ers, the Saints would've drilled the Giants and it would've been on to the SuperBowl. :scratch:

Their defense is solid up front but they only have 1 good CB and this one is a gambler and will give up sometimes big plays as he is too hot on getting a pick.
I am sure Markus Peters will take high risks againts Drew as he is that kind of guy who wants to have a pick agains an elite QB.

But they have a very good cover LB and a nasty internal Dline.

Both their OTackles are solid but the Center was listed this year in one week as the worst Center in the league.

They do have very good running backs...and a very fast speedy Cadet typ Slotback.

I expect a lot of run against us.
Mixed up with Playactions, Screens and Jet Sweeps.

We certainly need to gameplan this on defense totally different compared to the Panthers game.

Most of those Chief DBs do not scare me. I don't think the Chiefs have had that much of a pass rush this season.

Drew looks as good as he ever has.

40-24 Saints.

I hope Peters spends most of the game covering Cooks. They've faced off before. And it was an even matchup, but Cooks was able to get by him more than a few times.

Marcus Peters is the matchup we have to watch out for. Not only their top corner, he leads the entire league in interceptions with 5 already which is insane. I'm expecting a big game from Snead and Thomas with Peters on Cooks.

Depends what side Cooks lines up on. Peters plays a 'side of the field' not a particular individual matchup.

This is a game where I'd be happy with a 1 score toss-up game late. It would mean we stayed in the game with tough match ups, on the road, with a relatively low win probability and if you can get one like that to a coin flip you have a chance to steal one.

Scott Barrett ‏@ScottBarrettDFB 2h2 hours ago
Since 2007, the active WR with the highest % of TDs per targets inside the 10-yard line (min. 20 such targets) is Jeremy Maclin (15 of 28)

Last season, Travis Kelce ranked 36th in red-zone targets and 46th in targets inside the 10-yard-line. He played in all 16 games.

This season, Travis Kelce is the only KC receiver with more than one target inside the 10-yard-line. He has five. Jeremy Maclin has zero.

We need to watch for Kelce in the red zone..

Also, see this on Cooks/Snead/Thomas vs Peters & co.:

Week 7 Next Gen Stats best value fantasy matchups - NFL.com

(scroll down some)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom