Matt Barkley (1 Viewer)

Big arms are very overrated. Accuracy is the single most important physical trait of a qb. It's nice when you have both but strong armed inaccurate QBs don't last whereas there is often a place for accurate players with marginal arm strength.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big arms are very overrated. Accuracy is the single most important physical trait of a qb. It's nice when you have both but strong armed inaccurate QBs don't last whereas there is often a place for accurate players with marginal arm strength.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed, It's nice to have an arm like John Elway,Bert Jones or Joe Namath,but it isn't a prerequisite for success. Jeff George could
throw a ball through a brick wall,but he was nothing more than a mediocre qb.during his career. Former GM Floyd Reese and John Madden
have said if a Qb.can complete a 20 yd. out,they have enough arm strength to play in the NFL.

Agreed, It's nice to have an arm like John Elway,Bert Jones or Joe Namath,but it isn't a prerequisite for success. Jeff George could
throw a ball through a brick wall,but he was nothing more than a mediocre qb.during his career. Former GM Floyd Reese and John Madden
have said if a Qb.can complete a 20 yd. out,they have enough arm strength to play in the NFL.

I was about to mention Jeff George as well, last I heard he is still trying to make a comeback to the NFL.

Barkley might not have a cannon for an arm, but over the last few weeks he has done a solid job at being a starter. He has at least done a good enough job to consider him more than a backup.

Is what serious? Discussing bringing in Barkley to learn behind Brees? Given that the Bears might want to draft their qb of the future, and Barkley would be resigned strictly as a place holder there, yeah, we are discussing the prospect of bringing him here to learn under Brees.

Whats got you lost?

He's not playing well at all for the bears. He's won one game as a starter and that was due to Howard having three TDs. He played bad at Detroit and git two TDs AT HOME against a GB defense that is already not that good.

He's gotta be better than Grayson. Worth a look for the right price.

It takes time for the light to go on with some guys, Gannon, Warner, Brees, Young, etc., etc. If we could bring him down here to play that Steve Young to Drew Brees' Joe Montana, we would be wise to do it.

He was highly regarded as a draft prospect but he blew up his arm his last year at USC. He might just be coming back to form.
Brees' light was on from day 1 in SD. Warner played well since he became a starter in STL. Young was good before he was a starter, just needed a shot. You're comparing players that have real ability to Matt Barkley.

no idea what anyone sees in this kid. couldn't earn a starting spot in philly, has more INTs in chicago than TDs. this is a pipe dream.

Brees' light was on from day 1 in SD. Warner played well since he became a starter in STL. Young was good before he was a starter, just needed a shot. You're comparing players that have real ability to Matt Barkley.

I was at SDSU when Brees was drafted, so I saw a good bit of Charger games. No, the light didn't come on right away, after fighting the 100 year old Doug Flutie for the qb job the struggle was real, and he benefited from having LT and the run game bailing him out.

Warner's first stop wasn't Stl, it was GB, and his next couple of stops weren't in the NFL either. He wasn't great from the jump.

Young wasn't great from the jump either. There is a reason Tampa traded him to SF.

Who knows what Barkley is, but like the guys mentioned above (after their first few years in the league) his story hasn't finished being written after a few mediocre years.

no idea what anyone sees in this kid. couldn't earn a starting spot in philly, has more INTs in chicago than TDs. this is a pipe dream.
Are you familiar with a guy named Drew Brees? First 3 years in SD, more INTs than TDs, and he had the help of an amazing rb and a great defense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom