Matt Hasselbeck on Teddy Bridgewater (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
He was on Golic and Wingo this morning talking about Teddy. He was asked if he was a GM would he throw starter money at Teddy and he said not a chance.
His reasoning was Teddy doesn’t elevate the players around him. He needs incredible players to be a good QB. He felt his ceiling was Alex Smith which isn’t bad but teams weren’t going to be lining up for Teddy next year.
I can see what he means and that’s not saying Teddy is a bad QB but not sure he is worth $20-30 mil a year.

He isn’t worth $20-$30 mil, but neither was Joe Flacco, and someone paid him.

Teddy will get paid by someone.

Yeah, he's going to get at least $20M per on an average basis. If he doesn't, you have to wonder what's going on the minds of GMs.

Jimmy Garoppolo, Derek Carr, Joe Flacco, Alex Smith, Nick Foles - all of those guys are making more than $20M per. Would I take Teddy over some of them? Absolutely.

Cool - and we know this because we've seen him play with average players recently?

I got the impression he was implying without incredible defense Teddy wasn’t going to be carrying this team.

I mean if you think about it he may be right.

I'm not taking anything away from the way Teddy has come in and delivered in what could have been a disaster for the Saints but in reality for Teddy this was the perfect storm for him.

The Saints are a pretty damn good team and if Teddy has to go somewhere with lesser talent and coaching then it may not be smooth sailing for him.

I'm glad we have him right now though!!

I'm still not completely convinced Teddy doesn't choose to stay here another year. Coach that believes in him and he knows Drew is not going to be here forever. He may be willing to sign 1 more year for the shot at taking over a Superbowl contending team. Hard to say but I don't think that's super far fetched

This is actually a really good point and raises the question, would you rather Joe Flacco or Teddy Bridgewater running your offense?

If I have either one they’re just going going to be a placeholder until a draft pick takes over. That’s what Flacco is with Drew Lock. That’s what Teddy will be wherever he is next year.

I'm still not completely convinced Teddy doesn't choose to stay here another year. Coach that believes in him and he knows Drew is not going to be here forever. He may be willing to sign 1 more year for the shot at taking over a Superbowl contending team. Hard to say but I don't think that's super far fetched

It depends on the contract offers. If someone offers him double what we do he leaves. I don’t think anyone will.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom