Matt Hasselbeck on Teddy Bridgewater (1 Viewer)

He was on Golic and Wingo this morning talking about Teddy. He was asked if he was a GM would he throw starter money at Teddy and he said not a chance.
His reasoning was Teddy doesn’t elevate the players around him. He needs incredible players to be a good QB. He felt his ceiling was Alex Smith which isn’t bad but teams weren’t going to be lining up for Teddy next year.
I can see what he means and that’s not saying Teddy is a bad QB but not sure he is worth $20-30 mil a year.

Wow if he thought that little of him he should have said his ceiling was Matt Hassleback

When answering this question you have to think about a few things. At his new team will he have guys like Kamara, Thomas, an amazing Oline, a dominant defense and special teams and an offensive mastermind for a coach?

Yea if there’s one guy you want to listen to it’s Matt Hasselbeck, for his 212 TDs he’s chased them down with 153 Interceptions... he knows about ELEVATING a team.

Thankfully the internet has kept track of his stats or else I’d not remember a thing he did in football

I think we also have to recognize that he is being measured against a 1st ballot HOF QB in Brees. Teddy is perfectly serviceable and should grow with the offense as he gets more time in system. That said, and I hate to say it, but it is likely inevitable that whoever we go with post-Brees is going to be significant drop off, which is why I am so happy that the team has made the right decision to bolster the defense.

Well thanks, Matt, I guess this is why you are not a GM, and please don't ever forget, that you were only a decent quarterback. Teddy Two gloves had to recover from a devastating knee injury where removing his leg was a possibility, learn one of the most complex offensive system in football. Step in when the GOAT and HOFer got injured, and reeled off 5 victories. Man I wonder where would the Saints be if he elevated the players around him. Geez!!! Shut up already.

the problem is a defining of terms - -people use "starting QB" but they really don't mean 'could start for one of 32 teams in the NFL'
it seems most use 'starting qb' to mean 'helps make a team competitive for a playoff run'
they picture Garapollo and not Tribusky

I'm still not completely convinced Teddy doesn't choose to stay here another year. Coach that believes in him and he knows Drew is not going to be here forever. He may be willing to sign 1 more year for the shot at taking over a Superbowl contending team. Hard to say but I don't think that's super far fetched

I'm just not sure they can. If Brees signs that is. Gotta sign several players including Bell, Onyemata and Kamara could sit out. Gotta sign Brees. Only 39 players under contract. Only 23 mil cap space. Even a 7 mil contract seems really tough to do. There are probably going to be sacrifices to sign Brees. Bridgewater seems like he would be one.

I bet Chicago would give us their first born and left testicle for Bridgewater today. Teddy is so inspiring, his value to the team transcends his football technical acumen. He is a stud.

If their first born is Khalil Mack, let’s do it.

Forget it. Bridgwater all day. Might as well throw in Eli Manning also. If we comparing washed up QBs to Teddy that's not good.

Even if you go to Flacco's SB year, it wasn't anything to cry home about. IIRC, he didn't really catch fire until the latter part of the season, particularly in the playoffs. Lewis, Suggs, and that defense got them there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom