Matt Patricia making a stand on Goodell (1 Viewer)

guillermo

Visible minority
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Matt Patricia Must Not Be A Fan Of Roger Goodell « CBS Boston

The Patriots defensive coordinator became the first, and maybe the last and only, member of the organization to provide even a hint of disdain toward the NFL commissioner when he stepped off the Patriots’ team flight back to Boston yesterday. He emerged from the plane wearing a blue shirt featuring Roger Goodell wearing a clown nose.

Attachments

• Capture d’e?cran 2017-02-07 a? 10.56.13.png
    Capture d’e?cran 2017-02-07 a? 10.56.13.png
    205.2 KB · Views: 498
Every time I like this guy more, not because his disdain to the commissioner, but to show the world he is not afraid.

Sooner or later, a team will take a look on him and make a great hire.

Attachments

• Capture d’e?cran 2017-02-07 a? 11.01.11.png
    Capture d’e?cran 2017-02-07 a? 11.01.11.png
    63.3 KB · Views: 467
Every time I like this guy more, not because his disdain to the commissioner, but to show the world he is not afraid.

If and when Payton/Drew depart (i feel like theyll both leave together for some reason), this is the guy I want us to look at if no one else has snatched him up yet. He's a great young defensive mind and a great leader from all reports. Lets just hope Swimmer doesnt chime in and say that our players wont listen to him bc hes a big scruffy guy w long hair.

Barstool has been on a Goodell rip lately. It's been an amusing last few days.
We should join in on the fun.

absolutely loved hearing the boos when Goodell took the mic on the podium after the game. They didn't stop until he shut his mouth

Matt Patricia Must Not Be A Fan Of Roger Goodell « CBS Boston

The Patriots defensive coordinator became the first, and maybe the last and only, member of the organization to provide even a hint of disdain toward the NFL commissioner when he stepped off the Patriots’ team flight back to Boston yesterday. He emerged from the plane wearing a blue shirt featuring Roger Goodell wearing a clown nose.

While this is fantastic, and I think I want that shirt...Kraft absolutely threw shade at Goodell during his acceptance speech.

Edit: http://store.barstoolsports.com/products/clown-turquoise-tee

While this is fantastic, and I think I want that shirt...Kraft absolutely threw shade at Goodell during his acceptance speech.

Edit: Clown Tee (Turquoise) | Barstool Sports

It is not the same, Kraft at the end is an owner, he can do whatever he wants. Patricia may be looking for a head coaching position next season, and with this action he is showing to potential employers that he is not afraid of the status quo. And that to me, is a good thing.

So there are also clown Goodell koozies and coffee mugs on that site.

It is not the same, Kraft at the end is an owner, he can do whatever he wants. Patricia may be looking for a head coaching position next season, and with this action he is showing to potential employers that he is not afraid of the status quo. And that to me, is a good thing.

I get ya - Kraft can get punished too though. Things like that are why I don't get the Patriots hate around here though. Like the Saints, they've been railroaded - and the Pats firing back now.

And yet every time Drew says something against Goodell, Saints fans call for his silence because they fear repercussions. If it were Payton wearing that shirt, or Allen, or Carmichael would you feel the same?

Edit: Clown Tee (Turquoise) | Barstool Sports

Patricia was rocking this when deflategate was first a story a couple years ago.

He is by far the most vocal of any of the Patriots organization when it comes to Goodell.

Attachments

• MattPatriciarememberthenorth.jpg
    MattPatriciarememberthenorth.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 31
If and when Payton/Drew depart (i feel like theyll both leave together for some reason), this is the guy I want us to look at if no one else has snatched him up yet. He's a great young defensive mind and a great leader from all reports. Lets just hope Swimmer doesnt chime in and say that our players wont listen to him bc hes a big scruffy guy w long hair.

Oh Waffles - You're Killing Me :hihi:

Big, scruffy and long hair are fine and cool on coaches, as long as they are tough. RR cared way too much about his players liking him. They liked him, but didn't respect or fear him. Hey - I am not the pillar of physique myself.

Yeah, Patricia is not doing this by accident. He does not want a job where he won't get to be himself. This probably costs him some opportunities in the next few years. But it also means that when/if he gets a job, he will have an owner who likes (or at least will tolerate) his individualism.

Patricia was rocking this when deflategate was first a story a couple years ago.

He is by far the most vocal of any of the Patriots organization when it comes to Goodell.

That I did not know. Nice.

And yet every time Drew says something against Goodell, Saints fans call for his silence because they fear repercussions. If it were Payton wearing that shirt, or Allen, or Carmichael would you feel the same?

That is a legitimate question that kept me thinking, and yes, I think I like independent thinkers. The damage is done. I don't think either the Pats or Saints can do anything to improve or worsen their positions with Goodell.

There is only one difference, Patricia is doing it after winning the championship, unfortunately, Saints have done nothing since bountygate.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom