Matt ryan and how he affects our draft. (1 Viewer)

Matt Ryan will probably not go 1 but not out of the relm of possibility,3 Alanta still a big ? 5 KC long shot here but still possible, 6 Pennington has he got off IR yet? 8 Ravens one guy should retire, the other a borderline back up. Maybe Brian Bhrom moves into the top 10. That would help some.

Why?

He will be gone in the top 5. Whoever would be there 10th will still be there regardless of when Ryan is picked. The other top players also won't be there, all already will have been picked, so none of them will affect our choice.

Am I missing something here?

dd
I agree. He will be picked in the top 9 no matter what the Dolphins do. The only thing is that if he is picked #1, it may make another team trade into the top 10 to take the 2nd ranked QB, who most have as Brohm. This should not affect our draft strategy at all.

It'll take a second and a later round swap up or a third and a fourth to move from 10 to 6.

oh yeah all top 5 teams are waiting for our 5th receiver .... we are Elite !

i like your mock ... but the trade is unreal . maybe give them a our 2nd and 4th rounder .... than we can just START dealing.

and since the jets have a lack of talent especially on offense , they will stay or move up for mcfadden.

If you need a blueprint for what Parcels will do, just look at Dallas, he will bring in a vet qb, groom another a few years, and draft big lbs and DTs and OTs this early he will go Jake long or Glen Dorsey or sed ellis, but dorsey is more 4-3 and ellis is small, so I bet he trades down or goes Jake Long.

I hate that trade, and for one reason. Where the risk of losing Ellis??

Jets run a 3 - 4 and Ellis is probably not an ideal fit for the scheme, unless they wanna move him to end and he lacks ideal height for that. Its a square peg round hole.

Ravens just drafted Ngata 2 years ago and look good at DT moving foward.

Pats play a 3 - 4 and no way Ellis pushes Wilfork out of is job and they are set along the line. Seymore, Wilfork, Warren are all young good players.

Bengals will more than likely be switching to a 3 - 4 this off season (see jets post) they won't take him.

So why did we trade up over those 4 teams when none of them were taking our guy. Only reason I can see is if the Pats want out of the 7 pick to trade down and get some extra picks and save some money by not siging a 7 pick for 50 mil when the have Samuel, Moss and company to resign. So I can see us moving up if they were to trade that pick, but I would rather move up with the Pats and save us that extra slot of bargining (which is a few hundred points) Probably the difference between a 4th rounder and a 5th rounder being thrown in the trade. Plus I think the Pats would take less than face value for the pick because they have to many people to resign and could use the money.

Aside from us moving up, I just don't see NE taking a LBer especially not Rivers. He dosen't have the size the covet for their scheme and I have noticed over the years they have always need LBers and NEVER draft them. Its like us and corners, always need never get. Except they fill the hole with FA or trades, IE. Vrabel, Colvin, Seau, Thomas. Only LBer i see them taking at 7 is Vernon Gholston if he falls that far and thats because he would EXCEL in a system like that.

Also, and last thing I can see. I think St. Louis would take Dorsey or Ellis over Long. Long is a great prospect and deserving of number 2. But the Rams I think would rather have Adam Carriker playing DE (who they had to move inside) I think if presented with all the defensive talent avaible in the draft they would go DT (ellis or Dorsey) so they can move Carriker back outside where he played most of his time in college.

Other than that I think you have it thought out nicely, nice mix of needs but keeping BPA close in mind and not straying to far from it.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom