Matt ryan and how he affects our draft. (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
As we all read today, the dolphins cut 9 players im glad for them it's a great start for the tuna and he will get things straight. Now all that said and done, does this mean that since green got cut do they draft Ryan and put their faith in Beck. Now I'm not posting this for the fact that i think they should draft him, but this would really mess us up. If we planned on getting rivers that wont happen. Also the famous twin Dt's Ellis and Dorsey are almost guarenteeded to be gone. Wow, I like Leodis but im not sure if he's worth the 10 pick. Now, I think this is a clear sign to trade up. So the draft could go like this.

1 Miami: Matt Ryan: I dont think the tuna likes Beck: Ryan is his guy.
2 St. Louis: Chris Long: Safe pick will improve d line.
3 Atlanta*: Darren Mcfadden: Warrick will be gone. New RB time
4 Okland: Glenn Dorsey: Next warren Sap.
5 Kansas City: Jake Long: Great pick will upgrade and be an LT for the Chiefs for years to come.
6) Saints trade #10 pick 4th round pick and terrence cooper for the jets #6 pick and their 6th
6th pick: Saints: Sedrick Ellis: WOW, This kid is a freak immediatley comes in and starts.
7th Pats: Kieth Rivers: Their LB's are old as dirt Nough said
8: Ravens:Leodis McKelvin: Their CB's are old enough time to get young ( thank god we traded up :hihi:)
9) Bengals : Vernon Gholston: Defense gets better
10 Jets: Derrik Harvey: Great pass rusher can play DE or OLB great pick up

I think this would be our best thing to do Our d line is not that great but if we had Sedrick Ellis IT would become great. Smith and Grant wouldnt have to take on double teams every play because Sed Ellis is very athletic and can pass rush as well as stuff the run.

Toast it now:embarr: but i like it. But im not the GM. So thats that

yea that would be a great deal for the Saints but I don't see the jets moving down to 10 for copper and a fourth. I'd take it though.

Green is done. That's why he was cut.

Lets get serious here.

The Dolphins will do anything to trade the pick (won't happen).

And they won't take a QB in the first. Trust me.

ddd

Jets don't want Copper. And it will take more than a fourth round pick to move up to six with the Jets, whose present regime has a reputation for driving hard bargains.

While it might not necessarily go down like this, I do agree that where Matt Ryan is drafted tremendously affects who we pick at number 10.

While it might not necessarily go down like this, I do agree that where Matt Ryan is drafted tremendously affects who we pick at number 10.

Why?

He will be gone in the top 5. Whoever would be there 10th will still be there regardless of when Ryan is picked. The other top players also won't be there, all already will have been picked, so none of them will affect our choice.

Am I missing something here?

dd

No way we trade up for less than a 3rd, much less get a 6th for Copper who we have not even resigned yet. The best option would be trading a 3rd to swap spots with New England at 7.

to move from 10 to 6 you'd need about 300 points on the value chart. The Saints 4th rounder is less than 75 points. That would value Copper as a high 3rd round pick. I like Copper but things like that just don't happen.

There's no way Matt Ryan goes number 1. You can't assume the Tuna is going to pull the trigger on another QB because he did it "one" time for Bledsoe. Ryan doesn't have the arm that Bledsoe had. Given the state of the Dolphins, more picks are what they need.

The only way Ryan affects our draft is him being passed on at #3 to Atlanta. Say STL takes one of the DT's at 2, Ryan gets passed on at 3, you would have to assume OAK takes the other DT at 4. Then the trickle effect will start to take affect. NE and Cincy become threats to take your top rated CB or LB. Ryan would probably fall to 8 to Baltimore.

Matt Ryan doesn't affect the Saints' draft unless he falls out of the top 9

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom