Matt Ryan wants to be paid like Drew Brees (1 Viewer)

Has Ryan outperformed him over the same period of time Brees has performed well? NO. Has he gotten his team to the Super Bowl? NO. Has he led them to a championship? Again, NO. He doesn't deserve Brees-type money, period. What a delusional wanna-be...

You are kind of missing the point. It isn't a question of personal pride for us as Saints fans if Ryan gets paid or near Brees' level. It's MUCH more important making that Falcons team as handicapped as the Saints are with one player tying up all that cap space. I am all for the Fail-clowns giving Ryan TWICE as much money as Brees. It does not mean he is as good or better than Brees; it just means the clowns have continued to spend money foolishly, and their overall team will suffer greatly because of it in the future.
Big picture.

tumblr_m76ifjg3vk1r98rtso1_500.gif

Some of you crack me up how butthurt you get over another players contract requests. Why care? I think the guy is pretty good and has the Falcons in a situation of having to pay him. Just like Brees had the Saints in now.

If he gets it, it's gonna be hard to get drew to reconstruct!

If you actually mean reconstruct, players like reconstructing because it guarantees them more money.

If you mean take a paycut, elite QB's never take paycuts.

Ryan signing for this kind of contract can only be good for the Saints

Has Ryan outperformed him over the same period of time Brees has performed well? NO. Has he gotten his team to the Super Bowl? NO. Has he led them to a championship? Again, NO. He doesn't deserve Brees-type money, period. What a delusional wanna-be...

While I agree with all your points.....Tom Condon is Ryan's agent so of course he's going to use the contract he got for Brees as a benchmark. The part that puts a smile on my face is the thought of all those Falcon fans that said the Saints were fools for throwing such a big money contract at Brees. Well guess what Falcon fans - your team is about to pay similar money to a QB who didn't break all kinds of long standing league passing records, hasn't won multiple playoff games, wasn't voted Superbowl MVP, and hasn't won a Lombardi trophy. Who are the fools again?

I hope he holds out for $25 mil a year and destroys their cap...but seriously, the only QB coming up for a new contract that should get paid more than Brees is Rogers....period!

While I agree with all your points.....Tom Condon is Ryan's agent so of course he's going to use the contract he got for Brees as a benchmark. The part that puts a smile on my face is the thought of all those Falcon fans that said the Saints were fools for throwing such a big money contract at Brees. Well guess what Falcon fans - your team is about to pay similar money to a QB who didn't break all kinds of long standing league passing records, hasn't won multiple playoff games, wasn't voted Superbowl MVP, and hasn't won a Lombardi trophy. Who are the fools again?

And im going to BTT every last one of those threads on that craptastic board.

Brees' contract set the bar for the next group of QB contracts to come due. I agree that the only one that should approach that kind of money is Rogers, but it's the benchmark all their agents will use. Nobody stays the highest payed player at their position for long.

Matt needs to win a few more playoff games, throw a few more TDs, complete a few more passes than he's completing and do it a few more years in a row.. then he mightdeserve Drew Brees money

This couldn't be better. If he gets the money, their team is paying crazy money for someone who hasn't even accomplished half what Brees has and will only hamstring their ability to sign more talent down the line.

And if he doesn't it sparks the chance to create schism and resentment between Ryan and Atlanta brass.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom