Matt Ryan's Contract (1 Viewer)

If flacco is worth $120 mill , they need Ryan to sign for $150 mill, LOL

I seriously. Honestly hope they make him the richest QB in NFL history. I want him to destroy any chances of a championship run once their cap hits over the limit. What will be even more funny is if they don't meet his demands, and have to let him go. :9:

He'll do that by signing whatever contract they offer him. :ezbill: All the better, of course, if they overpay him wildly to keep them from ever winning anything. :9:

I agree. Based off his regular season success he should be paid upwards of 25 million a year. Just like Jerry jones pays Romo according to the first 3 1/2 quarters of each football game.

He does not have as much leverage as Flacco, Brees, Manning, Brady, etc because he is not a free agent, he is still under contract for 2013. All those guys took the risk of playing their contract year without an extension. If he was a free agent now he might force Atlanta to believe in him (even though outsiders know they shouldn't) and pay him for his regular season numbers and the improvement of 1 playoff win, and he might get Flacco numbers. But since he is not a free agent Atlanta can ask him to take a bit less than Flacco, and let him play 2013 on his existing contract if he won't. The problem there is that if you think the playoff knock is bad now, imagine how bad it can be after another disappointment next year. And to get past that disappointment, he has to win the NFC, against the likes of Rodgers, Eli, Brees, Kaepernick, Wilson, RG3, etc. Ryan's agent is likely to realize that the playoff knock is a problem, it is more likely to get worse than better in the next year since the Falcons have a lot of competition, injury is also possible, and as a result it is safer to take a little less money.

Ryan will sign a top 5 contract in the next year. Unless he wins the sb this time around, I don't think the fail clowns break the bank on him. Top 5 will still hurt the SC though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom