Matt Tennant (1 Viewer)

SandyHookSaint9

Choot Em Drew Choot Em
Reaction score
It looks as if we may let Goodwin walk. For those who have been to see them practice, how does Tennant look?

wondering the same thing. would like to see goodwin signed for 1 more year though. let tennant get a few reps here and there to get more comfortable. but hey the coaches know more than me.

i don't know if that's true or not. The saints know that anybody who is signed before the 4th can't practice anyway, so i'm thinking they are taking their time signing guys like thomas and goodwin. It doesn't look like he's getting much attention from other teams. maybe that's because he knows he wants to be here. we shall see. I bet they bring him back.

eric

We won't 'let" Goody walk. Drew likes him. But he's a FA and can go if he wants to.

If so, the coaches are very high on Tennant and we should be OK. I haven't been there to see him in practice, but he's there Goodwin isn't.

As far as seeing them in practice, Tennant is the only one of them there.

It is a bit confusing to me that Goody isn't signed already.

ddd

Loomis has done an outstanding job of bringing key guys back. I think we'll see Goody and Thomas back in the Black and Gold within the next day or two.

i don't know if that's true or not. The saints know that anybody who is signed before the 4th can't practice anyway, so i'm thinking they are taking their time signing guys like thomas and goodwin. It doesn't look like he's getting much attention from other teams. maybe that's because he knows he wants to be here. we shall see. I bet they bring him back.

eric

There really is no rush because of that, and I think both sides know this, they will be back and will probably be resigned this week (Thomas and Goodwin).

Wasn't Tennant the #2 C in the draft last year behind that head bobbing, false starting whiner from Florida?

If SP and ML let Goodwin walk, I will feel very comfortable with Tennant.

I believe they will be re-signed this week as well. IIRC our roster stands at 88 out of a possible 90 players. Coincidentally(?), just enough room for Goody and Thomas.

What I've heard is that the players will wait till the last minute in hopes that some other team will throw a lot of money at them.

No way Tennant is ready yet, at least that is what Sean thinks.
Has <nobr>Matt Tennant</nobr> shown enough where you could turn the page on Jonathan Goodwin? No, we couldn’t possibly do that. You couldn’t possibly do that in two practices. We think he is making progress, but, there are a lot of snaps he needs.

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/new...Schedule/244856f8-ec30-4b43-8de0-5abc7fe4f9e7

For all we know, he is just saying that to motivate Tennant. Maybe not, I don't know, but the coaches know alot better, so if they think he is a need, they'll bring back Goodwin, if not, I see it as a good sign for Tennant.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom