Matthew Stafford - Eternal Rookie (1 Viewer)

I remember when Stafford was “available,” he was connected to the Saints pretty quickly.

Almost immediately, Larry Holder from the Athletic wrote a piece with some intel from inside the Saints that said, essentially, Stafford wasn’t any better than Jameis and they weren’t interested.

Based on what we saw this year from both, I’d take Jameis 100 times out of 100.

Stafford has an elite arm, but suspect decision making. I think all those terrible years in Detroit ruined him to some extent. Having to try to win games by yourself can develop some bad habits.

But I do think McVay is an overrated coach. In the biggest moments his teams falter. He blamed it on Goff and they shipped him out. They got Stafford and they blew a lead yesterday too. I just see more failures on the biggest stages for the Rams than success. I mean dude basically blamed Goff for them only scoring 3 points in a Superbowl as evidenced by them shipping him out like he was the problem.

They give up all their draft picks for these "sexy" additions and they still have no titles from it. At some point one has to realize maybe it's coaching. Our defense is better and we don't have all the big "names" they have.

He has never won a playoff game and that trend is about to continue as the Rams get bounced from the 1st round.
I remember a few of us getting dead falconed for calling Stafford overrated when news of him being available via trade surfaced last year. I haven’t seen as much of that today. Lol.

That was a very winnable game yesterday. All he had to do was more check downs and hot routes to at least get a field goal. they choked

Stafford is the metaphorical dude or chick who was in a toxic relationship with some dude or chick.

Then when the break-up finally happened, you're like "good for that person!!! He/she deserves way better!!"

Then they get into their next relationship, and you start to realize that they had their own role in certain aspects of aforementioned relationship.

As the saying goes, "no matter where you go, there you are".

I remember a few of us getting dead falconed for calling Stafford overrated when news of him being available via trade surfaced last year. I haven’t seen as much of that today. Lol.
I'm not gonna lie, I wanted him at the time, just because of the hand he was dealt with Detroit and what I knew Sean could get out of him.
Now? There's no excuses now. He's surrounded by the best play makers in the league.

I will say the addition of OBJ was not a good idea and it's obvious that they are trying to force the ball to him, when they should be targeting the MVP of the league.

And you'll see the same thing next year after Russ has another mediocre 230yd/game season.

His best is worse than a declining Drew Brees

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom