Matthew Stafford tests positive (for COVID-19) - UPDATE: Found to be a false positive [mod edit] (1 Viewer)

If government would've stayed out of the way, I was trending up 5% from a year ago prior to March shut down.

Again, your perspective clouds your judgment.

Had we done nothing, you have no idea how bad things might be now. Of course, because we opened up like idiots and many aren't taking this seriously, we are going to bleed for a much longer time unlike the rest of the civilised world who are laughing at us.

Had we taken responsible steps and properly dealt with this, we would not now have 5 million cases and a straight upward trend in new cases and deaths.

You may have stayed 5% up till May, but by the end of the year you'd be watching an empty building rot.

Right, except that they can't spread concussions to other players, team personnel and family members.....right?

Exactly how I feel, the irony is lost on so many, ok, maybe just conveniently ignored...because after all this virus is no big deal....and it will go away soon (I think someone said November 4th?)....

I think we all can, but I also think there are some really obvious reasons that got us to this point that many want to conveniently ignore....
Yes, I know...my post was dumb. I will admit I was being selfish. I wanted football back, if for nothing else, than for my sanity. That's not how this should work. I apologize for making those stupid, selfish remarks.

Yes, I know...my post was dumb. I will admit I was being selfish. I wanted football back, if for nothing else, than for my sanity. That's not how this should work. I apologize for making those stupid, selfish remarks.

everyone of us wants football back. The problem is a economy can't thrive when this virus is raging. It's that simple.

everyone of us wants football back. The problem is a economy can't thrive when this virus is raging. It's that simple.

Exactly, of course, I would love for the virus to magically disappear, but I'm not counting on it anytime soon....

Way to go Goodell!

On one hand I'm all for whenever the NFL gets dragged.

On the other hand, I don't see how this is the NFL's fault. If a player is suddenly missing, the media will obviously pick up on it and deduce it's probably due to COVID. The NFL is even putting people who simply came in contact with someone who tested positive on the COVID list so that people can't just assume a player themself has it (I even alluded to this earlier in the thread when I said the thread title needed to be changed). Idk what more the NFL can do. Every entity is working with imperfect testing right now.

On one hand I'm all for whenever the NFL gets dragged.

On the other hand, I don't see how this is the NFL's fault. If a player is suddenly missing, the media will obviously pick up on it and deduce it's probably due to COVID. The NFL is even putting people who simply came in contact with someone who tested positive on the COVID list so that people can't just assume a player themself has it (I even alluded to this earlier in the thread when I said the thread title needed to be changed). Idk what more the NFL can do. Every entity is working with imperfect testing right now.
Would you trust the NFL with your health?

The scope is the same as it was in April
We can bite the bullet, do a hard lockdown for about a month, and establish very gradual phasing in to social interactions
Or
We can continue this half measure nonsense where we vacillate between options that both harm communal and financial health
We're not going to do a hard lockdown for a month. You know that's not going to happen...so why keep railing on about it? We're not built that way. We're not tough enough. That's not who we are as Americans, and that's what I have been trying to say since April. We're too entitled, too undisciplined, and too divided for anything like that to happen here.
I think that the economic impact of COVID is clouding people's judgment and if they're partisan to begin with it's like trying to watch fish in an aquarium filled with milk. They just don't see it.
I think the sloth in people who decline employment opportunities in favor of stealing a full paycheck (or more) while sitting on the couch collecting unemployment is also clouding judgements, and that whole partisan observation you made applies hard on both sides of the ledger. It's amazing how much staunch Republicans and Democrats are alike. They exhibit the same basic behaviors with a slight twist and spend all their energy pointing across the aisle instead of shoveling their heels out of the dirt for a moment. It's embarrassing.

I deleted several posts. No politics on the SSF. I suggest that if you have the urge to do so, read Andrus’ stickier thread first.

It's just a simple step from where you are to where I am.

You're concerned with lazy freeloaders who won't work because government is overpaying them and I'm concerned with people starving to death because they have no money and no ability to SAFELY work while the world is on fire around them.

Again, you're a conservative who is in the restaurant business. You think it's all a hoax or overblown and that we should just be going about our business. I think restaurant and bar employees are in the most dangerous position and should not have to choose risking their lives in order to pay their bills.

There's a middle ground.
I'm not a restraunt owner and I think it's fair to say it's overblown. I have not missed a day of work since the virus started because I'm in an "essential" business.

I think its being overblown for a few reasons. Primarily, it's new and people naturally overreact to new threats. The news cycle thrives on this fear. Being an election year only makes it worse.

No one in their right mind thinks it's a hoax. It will be in the top 10 causes of death in the US. The problem is we don't treat any of the other causes like this. For example, we don't shut down fast food because heart disease. It is far and away more deadly than covid and we aren't seeing a reduction in numbers. Covid death rates are clearly decreasing as we understand it better.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom