Matthew Stafford tests positive (for COVID-19) - UPDATE: Found to be a false positive [mod edit] (1 Viewer)

Haven't see a thread yet, you guys are usually all over this.

There won't be an NFL season :(
Probably busy watching basketball. BTW Thunder putting a beating on the Jazz.

Poor Matt Stafford first his wife's brain cancer last year and now Covid

Haven't see a thread yet, you guys are usually all over this.

There won't be an NFL season :(
I'm pretty sure the NFL knows that there are going to be a lot of players randomly testing positive.

I keep seeing people saying there won't be a season, but I'm not buying it.

The NFL is going to be played this year, whether they have to snatch guys off the streets as replacements or whatever....they are playing.

They didn’t cancel the season when Stafford broke his back halfway through the season last year. They just had someone else play QB for the Lions.
If there was a risk that a broken back was contagious and many others could have broken their backs, then they probably would have cancelled

If there was a risk that a broken back was contagious and many others could have broken their backs, then they probably would have cancelled

Serious injury is an accepted risk that football players choose to take. It’s not contagious, but it’s a statistical certainty that it’s going to happen.

With a virus, I’m sure it will be a matter of quarantine until the player tests negative and can rejoin the team.

Serious injury is an accepted risk that football players choose to take. It’s not contagious, but it’s a statistical certainty that it’s going to happen.

With a virus, I’m sure it will be a matter of quarantine until the player tests negative and can rejoin the team.
So you want to continue the fiction that majorinjury and Covid are analogous?

So you want to continue the fiction that majorinjury and Covid are analogous?

Is that your interpretation of what I wrote? I know your up in arms about the whole thing. I’m not trying to pick a fight. Just saying that broken backs, broken necks, gruesome life-altering injuries happen in football. And they still play it and we still watch it.

I'm pretty sure the NFL knows that there are going to be a lot of players randomly testing positive.

The NFL is going to be played this year, whether they have to snatch guys off the streets as replacements or whatever....they are playing.
Right. Too much money to be made via TV contracts. And with more people staying home more often, they could be betting on a rankings boost.

It is not looking good. The NFL needs to start their bubble.

The season is still 2 months away. By then, most of the players who will get it could possibly be over it. They have to stop using the rediculous PCR test, it detects dead viruses, weakened viruses, and live viruses at levels that are far, far below contagious levels. There's a more common-sense test that shows positive on more contagious levels.

I’m confused with everyone in Twitter freaking out saying their season is over. Doesn’t this just mean he possibly tested positive? And if he did doesn’t he just have to recover a few weeks then he’ll be back?

I can’t imagine he’d miss the whole season unless he just chooses to not play, being a QB at his salary I doubt he would.

Whoever can stay healthy and keep their best players available (regarding injuries and COVID related issues) Will have the best chance at winning the 2020 *SuperBowl (mind the asterisk).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom