Matthew stafford (1 Viewer)

Our window doesn’t necessarily close with Brees. We will still have a lot of key young talent on reasonable contracts after we clean up our cap situation. This kind of move may make more sense than a rookie QB, assuming SP makes any move at all.

I’d rather keep Taysom and sign Darnold as a Teddy 2.0 type signing with the intention of actually giving him a shot . Darnold’s only 23.

We’d have to trade Taysom and someone else.

not that I ever want to lose Taysom, but Stafford is almost a HOFer and is good enough to be

If Stafford is traded to us we would have to pay the following:

2021: 20 mil
2022: 23 mil

Not a bad contract for Stafford but that is a ton of money given our situation. Loomis is a magician but I think that is too much even for him.

I think the best thing for the Saints is to roll with Taysom, draft a QB and get our cap back under control while retaining our young talent.

Last edited:
I’d rather keep Taysom and sign Darnold as a Teddy 2.0 type signing with the intention of actually giving him a shot . Darnold’s only 23.

Nobody is releasing Darnold. He’s going to cost probably a 2nd round pick. I’d take him. But I’d prefer Stafford.

Stafford would become Brees like in this offence. I fear he will get over paid in FA. He has everything you should want in a Qb. He is wasting his career with the Lions. I would love to get him in black& gold for atleast 5 years while stashing a Rogers without the ego type draft pick. Im still bummed we didnt move up for Mahomes.

Nobody is releasing Darnold. He’s going to cost probably a 2nd round pick. I’d take him. But I’d prefer Stafford.
I was under the impression he was set to become a UFA next yr. Didnt realize he stil has one more yr left

If Stafford is traded to us we would have to pay the following:

2021: 20 mil
2022: 23 mil

Not a bad contract for Stafford but that is a ton of money given our situation. Loomis is a magician but I think that is too much even for him.

I think the best thing for the Saints is to roll with Taysom, draft a QB and get our cap back under control while retaining our young talent.

Agree. I like Stafford, but don’t love him. And we won’t be able to afford paying Drew’s voided year salary, Taysom *and* another $20 million at the position.

Time to draft someone.

Great topic. Living right across river from Detroit i see alot of their games and have buddies who are Lions fans. My one buddy Loves Stafford other hates him. No doubt talent is there, but only question i have is if he is so good why does he not have ONE playoff win. His record against teams over .500 is abysmal. I know his organization is a mess but his decision making this year is awful.
But at the end of the day I guess he would keep our window open.

I have liked what I've seen from Darnold. Anyone would fail with the Jets. Plus we seem to do a good job of taking Jets players and turning them all pro.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom