Matthews: Benefactor of Saints billboards wants to expose Roger Goodell and maddeningly silent NFL (1 Viewer)

• Admin
1548463244593.png
Matt Bowers, who payed for these billboards, says he wants "everyone to know what happened." (John Bazemore / AP)

By Wallace Matthews | NY Daily News

The billboards are so big, and so close to the action that not even Bill Vinovich and his officiating crew can miss them.

Some of them read “Saints Got Robbed.’’ Others, “NFL Bleaux it,’’ an insult with a dash of creole spice.

And when Roger Goodell and his toadies touched down in Atlanta this week for Super Bowl 53 – that’s LIII for the unpretentious – they were surely among the first things to greet them.

They are the work of Matt Bowers, a 44-year-old owner of auto dealerships in and around New Orleans, and even if he is tilting at windmills – the NFL has yet to even publicly acknowledge the mistake Vinovich and his six blind mice made in the NFC title game on Sunday – at least his billboards insure that this is one controversy the league will not be able to sweep under the Astroturf before its tainted Super Bowl kicks off on Feb. 3.

“I’ve been a Saints fan all my life,’’ Bowers said. “So believe me, I’ve seen it all. And this is the worst. Nothing else even comes close.’’ ...

Full Story - NY Daily News

Andrus Whitewing

Andrus Whitewing

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom