Max Unger retires (1 Viewer)

Wow... I was shocked as anybody to hear this news... I guess I was naive and was hoping Max could at the very least stay long enough to keep Drew clean until retirement. Having gone through total hip replacement myself, I can understand the pain he probably is going through and I applaud him for stepping out while he can still walk. We had the chance to meet his family at the Saints tailgate in LA two years ago and he comes from a class act. He will be missed. I wish him nothing but good health and happiness wherever life takes him! Forever a Saint!

With Easton, you have to imagine Payton hit up his best bud Mike Zimmer for the scoop on him.

Also Unger's lingering injuries just fuel that story on how really badly banged up the O line was by the end of the season/why the offense just wasn't the same- was just night and day in how the wrecked the Rams the first time around and struggled towards the end

Like I thought. We were very clearly well prepared for his retirement.

Yea they knew and Unger gave endorsements to Clapp and Tom just like Strief did with Ram.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom