Max Unger retires (1 Viewer)

When your LG is the 77th LG. Your center is gonna struggle to some degree trying to cover up that deficiency.
Yeah, I like PFF and all that, but I'm not totally sold on whatever methods they're using to grade offensive linemen. I'm not buying the "76 guards better than Andrus Peat" nonsense just based on the simple eyeball test alone. I never see him just really struggling for entire games or even entire possessions like I see plenty of other linemen around the league. Face it...with 32 teams in the league that only 64 starting guards left and right. Are they trying to tell me that Peat is not even good enough to start for any team in the league? Really??

the sky isnt falling saints fans,
am i wrong that the saints have always been pretty good at finding, coaching and grooming OL?
i think we have had multiple excellent OL leave and become overpaid never heard of agains.

Football is tough and being a Center is REALLY tough. I suspect there are health issues that forced a decision. Unger was a real contributor and a great part of this team but Loomis isn't an idiot. He'll find a good replacement.

All I want to know is how much cap space his retirement frees up.

Me finding out the Unger news today:

giphy.gif

Before this what exactly made it bad?
The fallout from the NFC Championship game which featured a pretender in the superbowl that didn’t deserve to be there. Then Mark Ingram bailing on the Saints (still not sure who is more to blame for that but it doesn’t matter; it sucks). The other free agent losses/signings haven’t been bad but mostly haven’t been anything to be excited about either. The BEST part sucks of this off-season have been incredibaly vanilla.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom