Max Unger signs 3 year contract extension (1 Viewer)

good move. One of the only 2 competent starters on the OL

I don't like it. He's 30 with a significant injury history. This looks like the type of deal that ends with the Saints eating a bunch of dead money.

He's been healthy since arrival, armstead is constantly battling injury, yet everyone is on armsteads johnson and critic unger.

He's been healthy since arrival, armstead is constantly battling injury, yet everyone is on armsteads johnson and critic unger.

Who's Armstead Johnson and Critic Unger? Did we get them off the waiver wire or did we trade for them?

Not sure how you can hate on this move. Unger and Armstead are the bedrocks of the line and the only ones that can be counted on. At 30 he has a few more years of playing at a high level.

He's been injury-free since coming here. He's earned it. Maybe you can rewatch 2014 with Goodwin playing center... That was a nightmare.

Or De la Puenta before that...

Thank you Loomis for making it happen. I shutter to think what we would have needed to pull off next season if we needed to not only find another guard, RT but Center too...:covri:

The only other major positive news would have been a Drew Extension to get the Kruger deal done.

I hope we didn't over pay though, but it's a solid signing. He's a good Center. And it was worth getting Kruger here.

We have to remember, we have like $30M in dead money this year that will mostly go away next year. We can add some fat to a contract or two.

I don't like it. He's 30 with a significant injury history. This looks like the type of deal that ends with the Saints eating a bunch of dead money.

Don't worry too much about it, if it's like most Saints veteran contracts he'll never see the last season of it. They'll either cut him to get some of the cap back or they'll extend to lessen the cap hit.

Either way, it won't be too bad.

Great news.. we need more OL that play like him. him and Armstead are by far our best OL. great extension for sure.

Glad to see this. Didn't think he would resign with us. Was certain he would go in open market and sign with a west coast team

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom