May I ask my SR.com brothers and sisters for prayers? (1 Viewer)

That's terrible MM, my condoleces to you and your family.

Heartbreaking news. Peace to your family and blessed memories.

Prayers and condolences from my family to yours, and thanks for that brave young man making the ultimate sacrifice for our country. May God welcome another hero into his arms.

On a side note, I hope whoever was responsible is introduced to the full wrath of the U.S. military with extreme prejudice.

Prayers sent. Sounds like we lost a good one, :-(
May God give strength to the family and realise that this hero is in paradise right now.

I'm so sorry. Prayers sent.

Thank you all. My husband and I were able to travel to Dover, Delaware to welcome him home. Such a profound honor.

Dear Marsha,

My heart goes out to you and your family. I hope you find these words comforting. I have always found them speak to my heart and remind me that my loved ones are still with me, all around me...

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glint on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you wake in the morning hush,
I am the swift, uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starlight at night.

Do not stand at my grave and weep.
Do not stand at my grave and cry.
I am not there, I did not die!

I am the song that will never end.
I am the love of family and friend.
I am the child who has come to rest
In the arms of the Father
who knows him best.

When you see the sunset fair,
I am the scented evening air.
I am the joy of a task well done.
I am the glow of the setting sun.

Do not stand at my grave and weep.
Do not stand at my grave and cry.
I am not there, I did not die!

Thank you for this. But how do you stand at his grave and not weep. Right now, that seems impossible.

Prayers & consolation to your family,MM. May GOD have mercy on our souls. Was he a Christian?
Will was most definitely a Christian. I don't know why God needed him now but he needed him so we'll take comfort in that.

I will be including your family in my prayers. Please tell his family that my family thanks him for his bravery and service to our country.

Thoughts and prayers to your family for losing a hero who gave the ultimate sacrifice for his country.

Thank you for this. But how do you stand at his grave and not weep. Right now, that seems impossible.

It is never easy when a loved one dies.

I never knew I could howl and sob until my father passed away of cancer. I completely broke down at his funeral - l tried but physically couldn't stop from crying so loud it was embarrassing. I found that poem several years ago when my young cousin was violently killed overseas and I was trying to comfort my devastated aunt. She loved it. My aunt continues to visit her only son's grave every Saturday, so the pain is always there...

I know it says "don't weep", but please don't try to bottle your feelings up or pretend they don't exist. You have great family and lots of friends - share your grieving heart with them... Remembering your nephew gives a chance to laugh and cry with others who loved him too.

If you believe that a part of him will always be with you, it will make it easier to go on with your life.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom