Maybe Drew Brees Wasn't Holding Them Back (1 Viewer)

ah the good ol' bandwaggon card
well that settles it

No I get it but the same bandwagon fans who threw Brees under the bus, are now giving Winston a pass on the same things they blamed Brees for. Reminds me of political parties.
LOL. 😂😂😂

Brees decline has nothing to do with Winston struggling right now.

Winstons top 3 receivers are UDFA. No MT, no Sanders, no Cook.

You can say Brees held the team back last year and still give Winston a break. They aren't mutually exclusive. SMH.

LOL. 😂😂😂

Brees decline has nothing to do with Winston struggling right now.

Winstons top 3 receivers are UDFA. No MT, no Sanders, no Cook.

You can say Brees held the team back last year and still give Winston a break. They aren't mutually exclusive. SMH.
Let's see...so far I've seen excuses that the OL isn't pass blocking (but yet it was Brees's fault in the Vikings playoff game)...OL isn't run blocking (yet it was Brees's fault for not have a deep ball to prevent the defense from stacking the box)....I've seen that Winston is throwing to UDFAs (No one blinked an eye when that's all Brees had)...The team is displaced (as someone else said, does anyone remember something called 'Katrina'.) And I will bet that a few outspoken Winston supporters (they know who they are) will either disappear this week or will use any of the excuses above.

Let's see...so far I've seen excuses that the OL isn't pass blocking (but yet it was Brees's fault in the Vikings playoff game)...OL isn't run blocking (yet it was Brees's fault for not have a deep ball to prevent the defense from stacking the box)....I've seen that Winston is throwing to UDFAs (No one blinked an eye when that's all Brees had)...The team is displaced (as someone else said, does anyone remember something called 'Katrina'.) And I will bet that a few outspoken Winston supporters (they know who they are) will either disappear this week or will use any of the excuses above.
My point is Brees wouldn’t have done much better. People throwing Winston under the bus and giving up isn’t fair considering how much was going on in preparation for this game.

My point is Brees wouldn’t have done much better. People throwing Winston under the bus and giving up isn’t fair considering how much was going on in preparation for this game.
I didn't watch the game and from what I have read I don't know how Brees would've done (I tend to think he would've done better than 111 yards 0 TDs, 2 INTs, and 4 sacks though.) But my point is, had he played with the same results...everyone would be screaming for Winston and blaming it all on Brees's arm.

Who said it was Brees fault for the OLine pass and run blocking deficiencies??

Fans blamed Brees for his lack of arm strength crippling the offense.

Who said it was Brees fault for the OLine pass and run blocking deficiencies??

Fans blamed Brees for his lack of arm strength crippling the offense.
Um...when Brees got killed in the Vikings playoff game because his OL looked like a turnstile, everyone said it was due to the lack of the deep ball. "Without a deep ball the Vikings could just stack the box!"

Um...when Brees got killed in the Vikings playoff game because his OL looked like a turnstile, everyone said it was due to the lack of the deep ball. "Without a deep ball the Vikings could just stack the box!"

And that point is valid. His lack of arm strength hurt them in the playoffs.

But Peat getting abused up the middle isn't his fault and nobody blamed him for lack of pass protection. You're just making that up to fit your narrative.

Brees has barely ever had receivers.

Which season?

Last year he had MT(on and off, albeit not healthy), Sanders, and Cooks.

Once again, Brees is a HOF QB with over a decade in this system. Don't compare him to Winston in his SECOND game starting with a new coach/system/receiver.

Our receivers prior to this year have a total of 0 starts. Cmon.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom